Keep it on or take it off?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stonebottle

Reaction score
There are several bottles from Tiffany & Allen listed on this new website "Sodasandbeers". I have seen a couple of stoneware bottles with that name sold over the last couple years. Looks like they were from NJ, probably Patterson. Not sure if they list your actual bottle, but there are a lot of others from the same company that should help you track it down. Check it out and Good luck. stonebottle
http://www.sodasandbeers.com/SABFindBottles.htm

bottle34nut

Reaction score
i have seen a bunch of tiffany and allen hutches from paterson. i have never seen the one you have, and i have never heard of them being associated with tiffany the jeweler. i will post some pics of the one i have handy.

bottle34nut

Reaction score
heres one shot

56CA636F7CC54D58B723A0D18A85DA25.jpg

Attachments

• 56CA636F7CC54D58B723A0D18A85DA25.jpg
    56CA636F7CC54D58B723A0D18A85DA25.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 48

bottle34nut

Reaction score
one more, sorry for crappy pix, but i dont have light box. i have two of the same bottles, thats the front and backof them

7A79D8D2ACB04B40BFE4F710AE4F10B2.jpg

Attachments

• 7A79D8D2ACB04B40BFE4F710AE4F10B2.jpg
    7A79D8D2ACB04B40BFE4F710AE4F10B2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 51

bottle34nut

Reaction score
all the others are just wm. t. allen hutches. also note paterson is spelled with one "t", not two. i have a quart hutch from paterson with this error also.

herenthere

Reaction score
Thanks, but so far nobody has ever seen an aqua 10 sided Tiffany & Allen mineral water. Talked to Bryan Grapentine who went through his catalogs and found two sodas, but no mineral water. Gary at the Bottle museum, no luck. I can't find one with the chart you provided. I've been in contact with seasoned collectors, auctioneers and curators but no such luck. What makes it a bit more unique is the misspelling of WORKS...... STEAM BOTTLING WOWKS Guess I'll just keep looking. Thanks for the post.
Take care, Rick

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: herenthere

Oh well, as for the TIFFANY & ALLEN mineral water bottle. A couple months back I spoke to Violet, a curator at the Corning Museum of Glass, to have a few items I acquired dated and authenticated, an early Salviati dolphin goblet, an early American covered cobalt sugar bowl, which has portions of an iron pontil, and an ancient vial (Willy Bossche, plate 249 #5). http://webpages.charter.net/amronspage So far I’ve talked with Bryan Grapentine, Gary at the Bottle Museum in NY, and just yesterday Jane a different curator at the Corning Glass Museum, who after a lengthy conversation, told me if I had the bottle listed for auction to remove it. After discussing Louis, the Tiffany family and relatives and describing the bottle to her, I guess she thinks it might be kinda scarce/rare due to the fact that there's zero reference to any 10 sided mineral water bottle with Tiffany&Allen STEAM BOTTLING WOWKS, or WORKS, that neither Bryan, Gary, her or me combing the internet for days could make any connection to. I also had a nice chat with Jeff over at American Bottle Auction about it and other bottles I might have him auction, but we couldn’t decide on a price range for it so I’ll probably not include it unless I find something out about it before their next auction in April. I joined this website as a supporter in hopes of meeting knowledgeable collectors, especially the type that’ll hopefully trade, sell or enlighten me to the different categories this great hobby has to offer. I’ve sold bottles on and outside of ebay and bought a few there and plan on traveling to different shows. I sell currency on ebay, (rickm671) and will start listing some bottles pretty soon, which’ll make the wife happy. I’ve added a few more items on my webpage to check out if ya want.                                                                Good luck in your endeavors all, Rick 
Hi herenthere, i am curious as to whether or not this bottle is available to me as I only collect Paterson NJ bottles. As for it's history the company was Charles H.A. Tiffany and William T. Allen, Mr. Tiffany lived at 43 Fair St. in Paterson in the 1850's and the compnay was located at 23 Fair St., there is no connection to LC Tiffany at this factory what so ever. I am interested in it as a local collector and would appreciate some sort of update if possible.
Thanx,
Jim

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottle34nut

all the others are just wm. t. allen hutches. also note paterson is spelled with one "t", not two. i have a quart hutch from paterson with this error also.
Paterson only has one "t" in it, patterson NY has 2 t's

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn