KFB Co. LTD

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

morrischisholm

Reaction score
"KFB Co. LTD" is written on the front of the bottle it is approx 8.5inches high. On the bottom there is a small triangle with a "C" in the middle. Across from this is the number "1". I dug this out today in Thunder Bay, Ontario.

[attachment=IMG_2226 (Medium).jpg]

Attachments

• 10cf0dca2dba4b39ac26d596f8aef218.jpg
    10cf0dca2dba4b39ac26d596f8aef218.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 118

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I should have posted this stuff here, yours makes more sense. Thank you for that.

Needs more research but maybe Kakabeka Falls Brewing Co Ltd., Fort Williams, Ontario
From 1925 bottlers guide.

I may have been changed to Bottling at some point during prohibition also.

FROM POST 3 "possibly even a brewery that bottled soda water as a side line, such as Kakabeka Falls Brewing Co"

It's coming together.
http://www.worthpoint.com...cola-soda-pop-84358837

C in a triangle is said to be Consumers Glass Company, Ville St. Pierre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada .......... FROM Glassmarks.com More on that site.

There, all tidy.

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Yes, Kakabeka Falls Brewing Company Limited. Didn't change to "Bottling Company" during Canadian prohibition, though the company expanded its existing pop line. A quirk of Canadian constitutional law allowed Canadian breweries to keep on brewing during Canadian prohibition because our federal government is responsible for regulating (and taxing) manufacturers and thus wanted to keep the excise duty revenue stream flowing (and did not bow to temperance pressures because of this). Meanwhile, Canadian prohibition was actually province-by-province, since Canadian provinces have control over retail sales licensing and pulled it for booze sales on account of public pressure generally during the mid-1910s to the mid-1920s. It made for a strange brew, indeed. Breweries could produce but couldn't sell within their own provinces. They, along with distilleries (in the same situation), could legally sell outside Canada, which they did to our thirsty American friends.

bucky902

Reaction score
I just had contact with some one from Thunder Bay and they confirmed it -Hi. KFB stands for Kakabeka Falls Brewing Company which I think was either owned or bought out by Doran's Brewing Company. Doran's is now out of business.

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Yes indeed, prohibition had worldwide dimensions. It was also a convoluted concept. Imagine trying to undo thousands of years' worth of cultural and economic practice with the passage of a law? Never worked, never will, and I tip my glass to all who are in agreement!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey