Killer dig 6-30

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Haldy

Reaction score
Jim:

Now I'm REALLY getting the "itch"! You're making me want to jump in my car and drive right to Lewistown! Guess we should have stuck with that dump the last time we got together. Keep up the good work!

Denny

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'll get some more dump shots the next time we have a decent dig. We dug this place for three hours this morning and didn't get JACK! Almost NOTHING!! [:mad:][:mad:] Gene found two F.G. Caldwells and a Goss Pleasant View, all broken. He did get a nice small crock and a maple syrup bottle, but that was it. I kept an odd little embossed olive oil bottle. No milks, no sodas, nothing exciting [:(] We are going back in the morning, it will have to be be better than today was!

Denny, I hope you can join us for a dig soon. This place is great, just a lot of work and the occasional disappointing bummer like today was. Let me know next time you're around. Hopefully there will be more goodies and pictures tomorrow! Jim

bottlediger

Reaction score
sorry to hear about your luck this moring jim. I found a huge vain of milks this moring probly 20 plus and 30 some broken. All were common ones though which sucked. But its nice to see your milks are coming out real clean, mine all have the sickness and need to be tumbled clean. Take care and good luck on your next dig.

Ps - hope you can come to the forum dig!

Yooper14

Reaction score
Great digs!
Those milks, as you know, are some of the greatest digs, financially speaking! I love the looks of the older bottles, but nothing beats a milk for cash.
Tim

Jim

Reaction score
We hit a big hole full of very early Lewistown Pure Milk Co. bottles from the 1920s a few weeks ago. On top of the bottles was a bunch of concrete demolition waste, which broke all but one out of about 40-50 bottles [:mad:] Sad day.

There are a lot of good milks in this area. There were over 40 different dairies that I know of, and a lot of them are scarce or rare. The Harshbarger is my best dig find yet, it is around $200-250 and the Rothrock is about $100. Finding ones like these sure adds a lot of fun to digging.

I never knew the older Lewistown Cokes were that rare. It is hard to find good ones, they are usually broken or cracked. Hopefully tomorrow will yield some more goodies! Jim

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles