Kim's Champion Bottle has new home!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi all, I received two suprises this morning, first another spring snow fall[:mad:], second the arrival of the Champion Vinegar Bottle from Kim. I couldn't resist setting up the following picture[:D] By the way, the bush in the background is sitting on top of the privy (dunny hole) I've been impatiently waiting to get back to. THANKS KIM!

Jh17261.jpg

Attachments

• Jh17261.jpg
    Jh17261.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 89

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Here's what the note says..Greetings from Sunny Maine. Your bottle has arrived safely and is enjoying the company of its new mate. Although it's going to take some adjusting to the new climate![;)]
Xv64535.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64535.jpg
    Xv64535.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 98

Kim

Reaction score
Hi Norm

Lol[:D]. First of all, you very welcome. I can see it is in good hands. Thankyou very much. (so my packing technique worked okay? phew!)

I also can see that bush being removed in the very near future. For the new bottle seekers you could do a story of events on how to dig bottles, starting with the removal of the bush and an explanation of how you recognised it as a pivy. I realise there are many people here on the forum that do this all the time but it would be a great thread for somebody like myself. I have caught on a bit throughout the forum but I think it is a little more complex than just digging. Anyway Norm, give it some thought while you are anxiously waiting for the sunshine.
Regards Kim

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Kim, the snow actually has pretty much already melted. The reason I know or at least suspect the privy is under the bush is I probed and did some test holes. There's a lot of great photo documentation of privy digs on those sites dedicated to it. I too, am puzzled how those chaps tell how they show up in the morining, and right off know where the privy is.[8|] Those behind city dwellings are easier to spot than homes in the country, as the house lot pretty much confines the search area, whereas the country home has more options for the dunny hole! I plan on keeping a photographic log of the dig in which I'll share all my rookie mistakes for the 'pros' to get a chuckle over.[:D]

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Norm...

That's not you standing by the bottle is it? I lost my glasses and it's hard to see what is on my screen..if it is you, you look awful anemic..you eating enough iron products? (LOL)[;)]

And you should have gotten your PM post about the safe arrrival of my latest addition to my collection...proudly being displayed above the kitchen stove in a place of honor I might add...thanks to you...

The Doctor..DR J[8|]

Kim

Reaction score
Hi Norm
My daughter, aged 13 is home on school holidays. I was just showing her the picture of your snowman and she actually thought that snowmen were just a fantasy thing. I obviously do not share enough conversation with my kiddlings[:eek:] Am I missing something[8D]??
Regards
Kim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter