Knoxville Show is back this year

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

grime5

Reaction score
me and my son will be there saturday. got to work friday. i will have a sysco hat on. hope to see some of you there. if i can find the place. if you see me let me know later greg

TNGeneWhiz

Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

You are fortunate -- I just wrote a long message about our show to answer most of your questions, and it was just chock-full of details and witty repartée. But, the system timed-out, so now you get the reader's digest version.

The directions, an interactive map, and all information available right now for our show is at our Web site: www.etabcs.org

WE WILL HAVE BOTTLES. Lots of them. This is not gonna be a heavy antiques show like it's been for the past few years. Larry and Marty Acuff worked very hard to build up a tremendous event, but we don't have anybody in our club now who wants to devote his/her time to that.

Our members wanted to have a show, but the restriction was it has to be fun. We wanted to be somewhere between Morristown and Gray, TN, in the size and types of stuff we have for sale. We will have dealers who have stuff other than bottles -- like me, they fall into the "collectibles" part of our club. We just didn't expect to attract so much interest from outside the immediate area -- heck, we didn't even advertise outside East Tennessee except on a handful of bottle-related Web sites.

Y'all bottle people should be very pleased with the selection of wares. In addition to our "regular" local bottle folks, we are going to have some last-minute additions: one dealer is bringing quite a few Booz bottles from a personal collection, and another dealer is liquidating a personal collection of East Tennessee hutch bottles -- some from small towns.

That's probably very exciting to some of you, but I'm afraid I can't help you with any information beyond that, because I'm not bottle-qualified (as my Navy husband would say).

We will not have an "early buyers" scheme. There is no admission charge. We are promoting this as kid-friendly, because we want to get younger collectors interested in collecting. I'm sure you've asked this: Once all the old folks are gone, will Pokemon be more popular than a hood ornament from an Edsel?

We have a lot of displays, and none of them are bottle-related. That was sort of on purpose -- we're using the displays as a draw to the general public -- and they have already stirred up a lot of interest. Once people get in the door, we're hoping they'll find all sorts of collecting stuff they never thought about.

We'll also have door prizes and concessions. All the proceeds are going to be donated to Knoxville's inner-city church missions consortium.

We have about 75 tables committed. If you're just dying to join us, we can make a little room. You have to e-mail me immediately, though, because we are setting things up on Thursday afternoon.

I look forward to seeing you there. If you need to contact me, please click on the little "e-mail" icon in the profile section of this message.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday