KR-51

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Here's one you will not see often. KR-51, an amber medicine-style bottle embossed on the sides EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Not a really exciting-looking poison bottle compared to some, but a rather rare and obscure bottle that is not very well-known. This one has its original box and label, and is still full of larkspur lotion. This stuff was used to kill bugs/nits/parasites that lived in your HAIR [&:] I never knew what the KR-51s actually contained until I bought this one. Now I know...NIT DESTROYER! That's one of my favorite things about this hobby, there's always something to learn. Also, should any bugs decide to invade my hair, I can just give 'em a dose of century-old larkspur lotion [:D] Jim

Yv65840.jpg

Attachments

• Yv65840.jpg
    Yv65840.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 82

bottleboy311

Reaction score
10% Alcohol. I quess if you can't kill them parisites at least you can get them drunk!! [:D]Than they forget all about what they are supose to do. [&:] Nice bottle Jim I've always liked geting bottles with the original label and box.

Lee

Jim

Reaction score
Drunken parasites..Now THAT would be fun to watch under a microscope [:D] I don't think I have ever seen a medicinal product from the 1800s that didn't contain alcohol of some kind.No wonder so many people had faith in "quack" cures. With enough intoxication, you would forget all about your kidney disease, blood disease, baldness, cough, cancer, or anything else that ailed you. The quack "doctors" sold a lot of their products and made tons of money by simply getting people wasted!

I like the old labeled and boxed bottles, too. They tell a lot about the old products, and some of the sales pitches they used are quite interesting. Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday