Lake Erie Bottling Works Toledo Ohio Blob Top

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Blutchtique

Reaction score
Any information on this bottle would be greatly appreciated! It is a bottle that stands about 11 1/2 inches tall. Thank you so much in advance and hopefully I can help some of you with questions on items in the future! Peace out.... : )

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

madman

Reaction score
blutch that is a nice bottle! i originally hail from toledo o havent seen to many lake erie blobs, although ive seen hutches, did you find that bottle in the water? cant give you a precise date late 1880s? not sure on worth ethier the bottle has a fogginess to it like its been under water? still nice! and i would have it in my collection as i do not have one................

Blutchtique

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the nice comments and post madman! It is greatly appreciated. Yeah I thought it may be rare as well because I am not able to find anything on it. What would you recommend as the best source for finding information/value for something like this? I obtained it from an individual that may indeed have found it in an area that was very wet or in a stream of some sort.

madman

Reaction score
hmm havent lived in toledo for a while so i dont know whod youd talk too about value, there is a guy that collects sodas a beers from toledo, he owns the oliver house bar in toledo on broadway, id say 50 and with the ecomony up there 40 tops on the blob, the monroe mich hutch is another story, but who knows if ya find the right guy the skys the limit

Blutchtique

Reaction score
Awesome info. Thanks again madman! Maybe when I am headed through Toledo I will pass by the place you mentioned.

epackage

Reaction score
Hi Blutch... I really like this bottle because it looks like the top is wayyyy too small, making it a "freak" in my book which I love.....jim

Blutchtique

Reaction score
Thanks epackage. It does have a kinda "freaky interesting" look.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Blutch again,
To some collectors those aqua quart loop seal blobs are very valuable. But the bottler, city, condition, and rarity all factor into what they will go for.

madman

Reaction score
yes that bottle has a baltimore loop seal closure, as stated above by bob, that will help you to date it!

madman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Blutchtique

Awesome info. Thanks again madman! Maybe when I am headed through Toledo I will pass by the place you mentioned.
you should, the place is a bottle museum of toledo beers and sodas and if ya drink get ya buckeye beer on tap one is all ya need!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyGuy73