Large early 7up bottle U7P

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Not ready to part with any yet because the years are different, so I'm trying to document the progression. Yes the first three have the 8 bubbles above the girl, the one that came before has 8 bubble on the front and above the girl... and the 4th bottle in my pic has 7 bubble above her. Notice the first 3 she has a single foot and hands face outward?...and then on the 4th bottle she is redesigned and has two feet and hands face inward. I think I did a little post showing the progression of the bottle, I'll see if I can find it.
...........ps when you post a pic you can double click it and a window comes up with a size display option.. maybe try posting medium size and that may show it upright?...you can do that for every pic before posting.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Jbeas that is a very impressive collection. It could be awhile until my bottles come out of there crates. I have never had a problem with posting pics, so I cannot help you on that part. I really like the back label of the one from Beaver Falls Pa. With the neck ring. I do have pics of alot of my bottles. I will check to see if any are good enough to post.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Here are some more of mine. I like collecting all 7up's. I have a lot of the commemoratives also.
7up 16 oz x5.jpg7up slant logo x4.jpg7up vertical logo x5.jpg7up gold trial offer 10 oz plastic coat.jpg7 up miss print.jpg

Jbeas31

Reaction score
Not ready to part with any yet because the years are different, so I'm trying to document the progression. Yes the first three have the 8 bubbles above the girl, the one that came before has 8 bubble on the front and above the girl... and the 4th bottle in my pic has 7 bubble above her. Notice the first 3 she has a single foot and hands face outward?...and then on the 4th bottle she is redesigned and has two feet and hands face inward. I think I did a little post showing the progression of the bottle, I'll see if I can find it.
...........ps when you post a pic you can double click it and a window comes up with a size display option.. maybe try posting medium size and that may show it upright?...you can do that for every pic before posting.

I completely understand. Just thought Id ask. If you ever come across one in good shape at a decent price message me.

That's very odd. Most of my late 30s early 40 bottles have two feet except for a few. There does seem to be a distinct transition between your bottles by year.
The 4th bottle is also the mid section and thigh size change.

I tried doing the resize and all of the photos are thumbnail size. Its odd because some are upright and some arent and the method was the same.
Its and iphone 5s and a windows 10 laptop.

Jbeas31

Reaction score
Jbeas that is a very impressive collection. It could be awhile until my bottles come out of there crates. I have never had a problem with posting pics, so I cannot help you on that part. I really like the back label of the one from Beaver Falls Pa. With the neck ring. I do have pics of alot of my bottles. I will check to see if any are good enough to post.

Thanks Iggy. Thats alright, Id like to see your collection when you do dig them out.

Yeah the Beaver Falls, PA is different. It almost seems double printed
That plant seems to have done a lot of promotional items like the salt and pepper small 8 bubble I have.

I havent done much research on this bottle The bottom has a triangle with an R in the center. 299 above, 40 bottom right, and 3A bottom left.

I like your misprint bottle. Id like to get some of the sideways dot bottles (I think those are late 70s early 80s) but I went for more of the early bottles to start.

I was bidding on another misprint 1 pint 12 oz bottle and missed out on it. The orange shield was completely shifted to the side and off the white. It went for almost $50 with shipping. Too much for me.

Attachments

• IMG_3421.jpg
    IMG_3421.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3423.jpg
    IMG_3423.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3424.jpg
    IMG_3424.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3425.jpg
    IMG_3425.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

iggyworf

Reaction score
Yes, I was watching that misprint also. I would have liked to gotten it, but it did go for a lot.
The 'R' in the triangle might possibly be the Reed Glass Co. Rochester NY.
What kind of top-closure is on that Beaver falls bottle? It looks different in your pic.

Jbeas31

Reaction score
Yes, I was watching that misprint also. I would have liked to gotten it, but it did go for a lot.
The 'R' in the triangle might possibly be the Reed Glass Co. Rochester NY.
What kind of top-closure is on that Beaver falls bottle? It looks different in your pic.

Im happy with my 7oz misprint. It'll have to do for now.
Okay thanks Ill check into the reed glass option.
The little Beaver Falls bottle is a salt and pepper shaker bottle with a screw top. I found it by itself without a top. Its unique and early with the 8 bubbles on the label.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/257494...590f813f1c44&gclid=CNyjzb39k8sCFdgQgQodblcLcA

Its also the same plant where the ribbed neck bottle was made. Im curious about the Beaver Falls plant. I wonder if they did a lot of promotional items for the region. There seems to be a lot of early bottles and memorabilia from them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Up-Soda-B...341568?hash=item41a339b200:g:VtMAAOSwJkJWhWp4

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/7up-bottle-beaver-falls-pa-reed-glass-172295323

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
Thought you would like to see these two Canadian 8 bubbles....I hope to one day acquire bottles like this.

Embossed neck
6352784916_6d1e0bffc6_z - Copy.jpg

ACL neck
6352784916_6d1e0bffc6_z (2).jpg

Jbeas31

Reaction score
Thought you would like to see these two Canadian 8 bubbles....I hope to one day acquire bottles like this.

Embossed neck
View attachment 169764

ACL neck
View attachment 169765

Those are awesome.
The embossed "u" has a bit of an extra "tail" at the front of it.
There is a thread somewhere about a chemical symbol being the inspiration behind the 7up name.

I really like that all white dot neck on the second bottle. Really odd with no shield around it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey