Large early 7up bottle U7P

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I have one of those canadian 8 bubbles bottles , I oddly enough found it not far from where I live when I was out for a walk a couple years ago , it was under some leaves near the road . the area where it was found was some sort of lot development in the 30's that never materialised and also a small lodge/resort at the time, so I guess someone from Toronto brought it up . my research back then I think its first 7 up bottle used in Canada , acl is not great but considering it was outdoors since the 30's I'm surprised it has any left .
I've never really seen any of these for sale other than 1 at a flea market outside of toronto and it had almost no acl left just embossed 7 up logo
P2280002.jpgP2280003.jpg

Jbeas31

Reaction score
That's a neat find RCO. It is hard to believe that any of the ACL is left sitting outside for so long.
The embossed 7up is very small on the bottle. I haven't seen many like it.

Eric

Reaction score
Great collection... Like the crate too.

Jbeas31

Reaction score
Thanks Eric. I hope to add a few more crates to my collection one day.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Man, I really regret not buying the embossed 8-bubble from Vancouver when I came across it in an antique store. I didn't realize how rare they were, I thought it was just an overpriced, poor condition bottle (the condition was poor and the price was high, but considering how rare they are I now realize it wasn't unreasonable at all). At least now I know it exists to keep an eye out for another one.

RCO

Reaction score
Man, I really regret not buying the embossed 8-bubble from Vancouver when I came across it in an antique store. I didn't realize how rare they were, I thought it was just an overpriced, poor condition bottle (the condition was poor and the price was high, but considering how rare they are I now realize it wasn't unreasonable at all). At least now I know it exists to keep an eye out for another one.

forgot to mention I might of seen one on ebay before , well know it was a 7 up bottle from 30's with embossed 7 up neck but can't remember if it was Canadian or not. I haven't seen one from Vancouver or any city other than Toronto yet

Moshe Mayim

Reaction score
I just listed this unusual 7 oz. 8 bubble 7UP bottle on ebay with the embossed U7P. I could not find another one with the painted info on the back side like this one has. Some were similar but not another one like this bottle says on it. It also has the distributor's name painted in the info instead of embossed on the bottom. I am wondering if the distributor requested certain things when ordering the bottles for their specific area.

Attachments

• 7up1.png
    7up1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 7up2.jpg
    7up2.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 7up3.png
    7up3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 7up4.jpg
    7up4.jpg