Libya, Another WTH? Bloodshed Riddle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Glad the dirtbag is finally dead and didn't escape to some far away land to live in luxury. How about these people crying for an investigation into the way he died. Who really cares after what he had done to his own people all those years. Maybe it was a fitting end?

PD

Jim

Reaction score
I agree, Tom. It's good to see these animals finally get what they deserve. Punks like Qaddafi and Saddam should be taken out at the first good opportunity. Hopefully, the people of Libya will be able to live free from constant fear and oppression now.

While I admittedly have an intense disliking for some of our politicians (who doesn't?), we're very fortunate here. We are very lucky to live in a country where wackos like Qaddafi have no chance of even coming to power, let alone ruling for decades. ~Jim

surfaceone

Reaction score
Treasure of Benghazi Looted...

SNN3124ZZ---380_1399529a.jpg

"Treasure of Benghazi theft may be one of biggest in history

Nick Meo
November 1, 2011

TRIPOLI: A priceless collection of nearly 8000 ancient gold, silver and bronze coins has been stolen from a bank vault in the Libyan city of Benghazi.

The theft of the so-called Treasure of Benghazi, much of which dates from the time of Alexander the Great, is believed to have been one of the biggest in history.

Interpol has been alerted about the theft, which took place earlier this year. Libya's National Transitional Council is believed to have kept it quiet.

London's The Sun newspaper reported that a single coin similar to those in the Benghazi haul was sold for £268,000 ($406,808).

Details of the robbery emerged at a conference held by the United Nations cultural body UNESCO in Paris last week.
Metal storage cupboards at the National Commercial Bank of Benghazi were smashed open and the red wax seals on the wooden trunks housing the collection were broken after the thieves drilled through a concrete ceiling. Items of lesser value were left untouched.

Meanwhile Libya's interim Prime Minister, Mahmoud Jibril, has confirmed the presence of chemical weapons in Libya and says foreign inspectors will arrive later this week to deal with the issue. He said Libya had no interest in keeping such weapons.
''We would like to assure you that the new Libya will be a peaceful Libya … it is in our interest to have no [chemical] weapons in Libya,'' Mr Jibril said.

Last week the top UN envoy to Libya, Ian Martin, told the UN Security Council that undeclared chemical weapons sites had
been located in Libya and expressed concern over their control. At the time, Mr Martin also expressed concern over command and control of chemical and nuclear material sites.

''There are international organisations taking care of this issue,'' Mr Jibril said, adding that representatives of those organisations were due to arrive in Libya later in the week." From.

SNN3124YY--682_1399528a.jpg
From.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Perhaps it could be compared to the Blitzkrieg; quickly overwhelm your enemies and conquer in weeks rather than entrenching and perpetuating the bloodshed for years?

Then again many of these folks think with religion and not their own brains mixed with common sense.

Is that in any way different from us in America or anywhere else (aside from those primarily atheist Nordic nations)?

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Blitzkrieg

Something the american army does well (we learned it from the Germans)
Our 'lightning war' is called shock and awe. I like Blitzkrieg better, it has a nice crisp battle sound to it.[;)]
Shock and awe sounds more like perfessional wrestling.

glass man

Reaction score
Matt:I remember the day of "Shock and AWE" ...All I could think of was children that went into shock....I know..children die in war,but I don't have to be happy about it as many Americans were.

My big sis came down from N.C. not long after that and asked me if I had been watching the WAR on tv...I just said I tried not too.My sis is very fragile in the sense she hates killing...which all but the insane do...I could have told her she wasn't seeing the WAR on tv either only a cleaned up version of it..the carnage,the bodies etc!

My pop said nothing as he had seen a war close up and personal..it was called World War two...it is just sad....some call it a necessary evil..but it ain't always easy to determine when it is necessary or just evil

It would seem the Hawlks that are into such things would be giving Obama a lot of credit for getting so many "evil" leaders,but..oh well..who cares? JAMIE

bostaurus

Reaction score
I doubt there are many that see war as a good thing but war is necessary at times. You can talk and talk with some leaders/nations and in the end have to go to war. After awhile the atrocities of our enemy recede into our memories but our memories of our own involvement is there all the time in the faces of our veterans and the national angst.
We forget what Saddam did on a regular basis to his own people. We forget the brutality of the Taliban.
We forget that our 'rules of engagement" and the decency of most of our soldiers means more Americans dead on the battlefield because they are concerned about those caught in the crossfire.

5092ECFCE27843B3BAFCC9F0C407C407.jpg

Attachments

• 5092ECFCE27843B3BAFCC9F0C407C407.jpg
    5092ECFCE27843B3BAFCC9F0C407C407.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 65

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I see war as just a natural part of human behavior. We are evolving animals and still retain a lot of animal traits. Nothing to apologize for. We are what we are. Most important thing is not to start a war you cant win, ask any animal they will tell you so...[;)]
War will not be obsolete until there is no want for food, water, air, land, energy, etc etc. Not happening anytime soon.

glass man

Reaction score
Yep war also will not be obsolete as long as one person.nation etc. wants total power over all...and if you believe in the Bible,as I do ,Jesus said there will always be war and the rumour of war till the end....JAMIE

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn