Little Blue Guy For Forum

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Dean,

Thanks for the generous bump! This is a Keasbey that would love a good tumble...

rockbull.jpg

He's gonna tumble it,

What about you...

Put your paddle up,

And it could come to you.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey pontil_base & members all,

This auction ends Friday at 7 PM.

Rev up your paddles,

To keep the Forum airborne...

peabody.jpg

It's fun & easy too...

Send the money to Roger,

And be a Supporter...

Do we hear Twenty Five?

How about you, sir, in the back...

surfaceone

Reaction score
Thanks Jim,

For your generous bid and spirit.

Tom_Breneman's-Vine_Street.jpg

Come on bidders

Two days to go...

Why not adopt a

Little Blue Guy...

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone
Come on bidders

Two days to go...

Why not adopt a

Little Blue Guy...

I would, but I already adopted one of these...

papa-smurf.jpg

Darn good at cleaning the insides of my bottles, they are! [;)]

Good luck surfaceone!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Darn good at cleaning the insides of my bottles, they are!

Hey Stephen,

This Keasbey could use one of your little Blue Guys. I gotta say your adjoining autions are two of the most spirited and arcane that I've ever seen. How's it been going, man?

Earl_Carroll's-Sunset_and_Vine.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
There are indeed some inspiring offerings here right now, and being the self-appointed forum auction uebermeister of 2009, I can say it's nice to see some fresh meat up.. I'm running out of stuff, but after you guys get some dues money in the house, I will be back.. best of luck to both of you! To the rest of this fine constituency .:.:. lets see some support.:.:.!!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey there Surface1,

Things are good, thanks man! Classes are going well, and though digging/collecting has been slow due to the weather I have been getting some good deals here and there off ebay. I did find a new Urbana, IL soda not too long ago from the same area where the EHVB pickle came out. Had to spend 5 or 10 minutes chipping it out of the frozen ground, and thankfully it was in good shape! Also found 57 pounds of copper and brass this week to pay for steaks that the gal has been cooking up [:)]. Thanks for the compliment(?) on the auctions, I figured they might be a healthy break from the typical fare. More than anything I want to have other people enjoy some of the weird stuff I like in addition to old glass. Share the love, right?

Howabout yourself? What is your collecting focus as of late? How is life treating you? Any cool discoveries or epiphanies?

I like the images you have been putting in essentially every post lately, by the way. I'd say arcane describes some of them far better than the auctions i've listed. Great stuff man; they really add a welcome facet of worldliness to the goings-on in this place. Glad to have you here.

surfaceone

Reaction score
I did find a new Urbana, IL soda not too long ago from the same area where the EHVB pickle came out.

Hey Stephen,

Speaking of that great Pickle of yours, howscome you didn't enter that beauty in Bottle-o-the-Year? That sure woulda got both my votes & I voted early and often...

The weather has reduced me to haunting excavation jobs hoping they oncover something promising. They've been finding a bunch of underground tanks on one job. Petroleum distilates and their frozen olfactory ghosts were filling the air.

Most of my discoveries of late have been pretty pedestrian. My most productive site is but a fond memory now. I'm in search of new digz.

Bimbo's.jpg
This useta be one of my grandfather's favorite joints, back in the day.

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone
howscome you didn't enter that beauty in Bottle-o-the-Year? That sure woulda got both my votes & I voted early and often...

Thanks man, but people here already think I am an insufferably pretentious bastige as it is, if you haven't noticed (knowing you you probably have, though). Usually I am drunk and acting relatively stupid when I step out of line (which is not an uncommon occurrence), but this is a shoddy excuse so I figured that being redundant and entering the competition would be socially counterproductive even if I was the competitive sort of person, which is not the case by any means. It is granted that it was a fluke find, but it was dug, not purchased, which would probably make it a decently worthy candidate if I was a judge. Were I to vote I would say that the M.C. Sanderson teal bottle was the best find (it had an awesome story of discovery and I love pharms), followed closely by the Phoenix Bourbon. Both are truly sexy bottles, and I like them more then the pickle.

I hear you regarding the weather; Illinois has been a cold and dreary place for the most part, and no real digging has been done for over a month; the last excursion uncovering nothing more than a McMonagle & Rogers flavoring, a clay pipe bowl, and a glass stopper aside from slicks. All that after digging almost 12 feet below the surface in an ash dump. Good exercise, but...

Perhaps you might be able to extract some decent gasoline from those tanks; probably not the best for the vehicle but if you had a 55 gallon drum full of lawnmower fuel you would be set for a decade! And is there anything wrong with pedestrian finds? We have 2 legs for a reason, no? [:)] The history of the past as seen through the lens of a common crapper is scarcely different from the past seen through an unlisted sapphire flask of the same age, the latter just commands more on the open market and stimulates the collective human mind to a greater degree.

I'm sorry about your most productive location becoming a memory, but new opportunities will almost certainly show up. The construction sites should treat you well if you follow them closely and keep the dump pirates away. There still may be some creeks and ravines in your area that haven't been dug too, so maybe they can offer some good digz this year too as well.

BTW, your grandfather must have had some fun in his day. Ever think about following in his footsteps? [:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter