Little Gold

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
One of my daughters friends just bought an early 1800's farmhouse and land. My daughter asked if she and I could look for old bottles, and she said no problem. We went over yesterday and I managed to find the pontil dump. First thing I found was this broken double eagle flask. Had high hopes for a while, but as usual they had dumped plenty of rocks and bricks on top of everything. Found lots of broken pontil bottles but not one whole one. Did find this gold framed spec, but that was about it. Probed around the area hoping to find a stray pontil bottle but no luck. That's the way it goes sometimes. Nice to get out digging at least, it was fun.

Cliff

1A1F036531B945ED909CB3C854C90DB0.jpg

Attachments

• 1A1F036531B945ED909CB3C854C90DB0.jpg
    1A1F036531B945ED909CB3C854C90DB0.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 53

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Still nice, I think that thing looks purdy sitting there upside down. Hmm, maybe I sould bust one up to diplay it like that.... NAAAAh

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Madpaddla,

Can't complain. I've found my share of pontil bottles over the past 40+ years. One day I dug 14 whole ones in the bottom of a small dump. They are getting harder to find these days but I know there are still some out there waiting. That's the fun of digging. Just have to stay on the bottoms of the oldest dumps you can find, even if they have been dug several times before.

Cliff

FIGGINS DIGGINS

Reaction score
It is always nice to run across a little gold isn't it. Back where I'm from we used to race each other to the river when it started dropping to look for bottles. One of my buddies had beat me to the punch early in the morning but had opted not to hunt. He said it wasn't low enough for him yet. I went on down to take a look around and laying right by the road was a small gold wedding band. I hadn't been there five minutes when I found it. Of course I went by to show it to him. You could have lit a cigarette off his tail if you know what I mean. I also found a gold nose-piece of some glasses while marble hunting once. Good luck on your hunting!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen