Weekend dig.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Finally got out to try to dig some Privies. Probed a bunch of lots, dug many test holes, but only found one privy. in this one privy was lots of broken shards like amber quart blob & amber pint blob but no slug plate to identify them? many pieces with letters but not enough to identify, except common California fig. Only got one whole bottle. a Dr. Kings Discovery I think it was, I didn't even bother to look at it when my buddy dug it I dug so many before. LEON.
P1040276.JPG
P1040277.JPG
P1040279.JPG
P1040278.JPG
P1040280.JPG

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Looked like a perfect day for a dig. Were brick-lined or wood-lined privies created in your area, or is it typically just a big ol' hole in the ground?

bottlecrazy

Reaction score
Wouldn't you know it - the blobs are busted and the crappy Dr. King's survives! So often the case. But . . . we keep trying and hope springs eternal.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Looked like a perfect day for a dig. Were brick-lined or wood-lined privies created in your area, or is it typically just a big ol' hole in the ground?

Mostly wood lined in my area of Detroit. BUT, I was way up north towards Mackinaw Bridge when we dug this one. most of them in this area is very sandy & haven't noticed any wood or brick or anything in this area. Not sure I ever dug a brick lined privy? Brick line Wells & Cisterns I have dug. Leon.

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
Wouldn't you know it - the blobs are busted and the crappy Dr. King's survives! So often the case. But . . . we keep trying and hope springs eternal.

Yeah, in a lot not far from this one was a trash pit with about 20, maybe 30 1870's Flask in it. This was about 3 or 4 years back. Many with Pictured Eagles & other assorted Pictures & embossing. Every one of those with pics or embossing broke. BUT, Every Slick was intact with no damage, seemed like to much of a coincidence. Sabotage. BUT, We had one flask looking like a slick that had some small embossing. I guess they missed breaking that one, they must of mistaken it for a slick. Leon.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen