Local Pa. dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dirty Dog

Reaction score
I've started digging at an old dump near our town here mainly for milk bottle, but I've come across a lot more that has sparked my intrest. I've found a lot of local bottles with individual's names and towns on them along with a bottle from York Brewery Co. in York, pa. None I've ever heard of. Is there a book you can purchase to find out if these local bottles are worth any thing? I can get pics if you all are interested.

Thanks

diggerjeff

Reaction score
a few of your local bottles might appear from time to time in bottle collecting books and price guides. but for the most part you are on your own. if i were you i would try to seek out a local expert . this is the only way i have been able to determine rarity of my local bottles.. the bottles in most books were shipped nationally or world wide. most of the local bottles never got far from home .

cb0023

Reaction score
hey, post some pics. i am in the philly area if your looking for some help!! i can travel out to harrisburg area if your out that way. Hey JULES i got your reply...if you should ever make it down this way or need help with something big up that way give me an email.

Dirty Dog

Reaction score
Here are a few

Ay74000.jpg

Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Dirty Dog

Reaction score
Here are the Milk bottles..... Lauxmont pint, Chas Hinkle Quart.... People scoop these up in our area here. I live along the Susquehanna between York & Lancaster. I don't know how well you can see it, but the amber bottle is from "Hanover Bottling Works" " Hanover, Pa." I can't find anything on that one. This place is a nice little gold mine for bottles!

cb0023

Reaction score
hey if you want some help let me know. you are not far at all!!

pabottles

Reaction score
Good bottles!I live about 8 or so miles from the Maryland line and have been looking for some dumps in my area,alas only thing so far is a place with stuff from the late 50's on to the 70's.
Looks like you've hit a good spot.The window of opportunity for digging is closing as we speak :( Keep on digging!

Dirty Dog

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help and info. everyone! I'm hoping to go out today. My last question is how do you know if a bottle (medicine, ink, soda, beer) with no writing is worth anything?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib