Look what i found walking a creek !!!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Got back from my eyeball adventure. Found a pile of coins, several wheaties, a silver name bracelet with functional springy wristband, and... A f'ing honker of a 10.2 gram 10K gold ring! Woohoo! It's from 1961 so the owner may still be around. I'll do my research but if I get no leads then into my treasure chest it goes! [8D] I swear, this is one of the most awesome hobbies (sub-hobbies) I can imagine. The fact that such superb things can be found by relying upon yourself and intuition alone is almost obnoxious. Treasure hunting without a detector has been so many times more fruitful that it's almost a joke.

goodman1966

Reaction score
Plumb, too bad your not closer to Arkansas, we could make a trip to the Crater of diamond state park. Where they let you look for your own diamonds and other precious stones. Me and my daughter go every year. We found a few small diamonds and emeralds!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Plumbata said:
CaBotts, depending upon the level of water in the drains themselves, you could skip the deep outfall altogether and look for goodies in the pipe joints and gravel/metal deposits. You guys have those awesome silver fishscale 5 cent pieces, and from what I've observed, they would be rather numerous tucked away in cracks and whatnot.
Unfortunately the river flows into the pipes. The pipes are huge, at least three feet in diameter, and the bottom two feet are underwater. So that's not gonna work. That being said, I don't know if all the pipes in town are like that, so there still may be a chance. I've always wanted to find one of those fishscales, though I'm somewhat partial to American coins as well. Canada's one design used on all silver coins until the thirties gets a bit old after a while. Mind you, American coins circulate heavily in Canada and always have, so I have a good chance at both!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Spirit Bear said:
Eyeballing is how I make all my finds--rarely a coin, but I do have a few that aren't modern or from America which is odd as how do you get one from the Bahamas up here in Michigan?
Returning vacationers! I found a quarter from Trinidad and Tobago up here, as well as a South Korean coin on a bus. Those make sense (lots of South Koreans living around here, so lots of people traveling there) but I still can't imagine how the big British penny got there.

TylerH

Reaction score
well ... plumbata did you find the owner of the ring ????

MIdigger

Reaction score
Ive gotten Israeli, Bahamas, New york subway token, Chinese, Mexican,Canadian, and others detecting in Michigan. I stopped to assist at an accident down here in Kentucky near Ft Knox and was rewarded with a 5pfenning laying on southbound 31-W........sometimes we find them in weird spots.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I have a few of those. It was kind of you to stop, and a kind gift to be given from God for your service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem