Looking for a little help on his bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

waterman

Reaction score
I found this Chinese sauce bottle at an old dump site a couple of years ago.... The bottle was laying next to a cathedral pickle ~ non pontiled. If Provenance means a little something then this is a 1870's bottle. Hey experts out there......anyone know this bottle. The Chinese were in California early in the gold rush. I like it a bunch! It is perfect ~ Oh and by the way, lot's of early glass fragments to boot. Nothing new.

waterman

Reaction score
SAM_6432.JPG

waterman

Reaction score
Thanks Uncle Bruce...…………..The Snowball is from England...probably ballast in a ship heading up river!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow, that's a really interesting one! There are loads of Chinese bottles in BC but I never saw anything remotely close to that one. Does it have any markings?

waterman

Reaction score
CanadianBottles Not a single marking...R A T S...…. Maybe in the vast knowledge on this site we'll come up with something. Oh by the way, I had the pleasure of seeing some of the collections you are referring to. Incredible stuff in Victoria & up coast in several small communities. Whole collections of Chinese artifacts that would blow your mind.

embe

Reaction score
Any pics of the base?

waterman

Reaction score
embe just a simple mold line on the base....no indentation, no marking, nada. It's a real strong piece.....hence it's survival. I have no clue on this bottle. I can only judge from the broken shards around it. Thanks for the interest.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583