Looking for info as to age of this 7UP bottle cap .

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
I recently had a garage and collectible sale this past week . Had a lot of bottles out and sold very few . I had four collectors , two were hard core , wanting thousand bottles and up . One of them I had been trying to meet for a good number of years . He lived close to me but I never figured out just where till he showed up at my sale . He said he was selling his bottles off on an online auction . We hit it off good with each other and he hung around for a while and talked bottles , had not done that in ages . The next day he surprised me by showing up again . This time he brought with him around twenty five or more fantastic soda bottles from Cincinnati . Quart cobalt panels , paneled squats as well as some beautiful flasks . He had Cincy sodas I never heard of , so many paneled ones , thought I had heard of all of them but was off a mile . He also had some beautiful flasks of various styles . And yes , I apologizes , no pics . I was so excited looking at those mint and beautiful pieces of glass that I never thought about taking some pics till after he left . Aother fellow bought five or six . The other gentleman found me on an old post here , emailed and asked if I had any Ky. Sodas , and yes I did . He drove from Manchester , Ky. a two hundred mile drive from where he lived to my place . We had a great time talking bottles as well and I was happy that I had some sodas he needed . Anyway , one of a good many dealers were here . Sold a guy a banana box full of jars of bottle caps I have had for years , or should say gave them away . I did not figure I would do anything more with them . He said he was going to sort through them and make displays and try and sell them that way . At this time I am still wondering why I thought I would keep a fair size box of these 7 Up bottles caps , around two hundred of them guessing , guess I can sell them at another date on down the road . Can anyone tell me the date this cap was used ? Sorry for the long speil above , just had to share .

Attachments

• 176fc75b08b241829f88cee9dc1dc899.jpg
    176fc75b08b241829f88cee9dc1dc899.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 88

botlguy

Reaction score
I can't help you in aging that cap but do understand about your pleasure in re-kindling the collecting fire. I sold large collections of bottles, fruit jars and insulators a few years ago and recently purchased a large insulator collection. In going through them to sell, cleaning and identifying and pricing and then connecting with a few buyers I wonder why or how I could ever think I was done collecting. It's about the people contact isn't it? Thanks for sharing. Jim

LC

Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it Jim , if I had only taken pics . He had all the sodas from Cincinnati that I always wanted to attain but could only look at . It sure was a treat to see all of them grouped together like that . The flasks were beautiful as well , but flasks never really gave a charge like those rare sodas from the Queen City . Maybe in the next life !

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator