Looking to sell NEHI(1927) Christmas cokes(the real deal)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Andrewt

Reaction score
OP, they are repros and I think the 1988 ones I have never seen the 1989 ones without the thin circle close to the city and state; the real Dec 25,1923 patent ones don't have the ribbing around the bottom of the bottle it would be a raised circle about a quarter inch all the way around the edge instead and the letters are bigger and thicker on all the ones I've seen. I have an unopened six pack of the 1989 repros also. I hope you didn't give anything over $30 for them. I hope this helps.

The Can Kid

Reaction score
SODAPOPBOB,
what about random cities on the bottom? Does that mean that my newer Coke bottle marked "HAMILTON, ON." isn't really from there?

fanboy

Reaction score
Can Kid,

Once the move was made to disposable bottles, small bottlers did not need to own and have returned the bottles for refilling. Thus any throwaway bottler with a name on it is generally just for nostalgia.

As for your Canadian Hamilton, On; yes it is a random city. All glass bottles of Coca-Cola in Canada are currently bottled in Quebec. 90% of the other Coke product is packaged in Mississauga.

In 2000 Coca Cola created a set of 24 Canadian City bottles that were all "random". The cities were selected because they all had some historical connection to Coca-Cola. Most no longer have any bottling operations. They came in 6 Packs and 24 Cases. The were Random in the sense that a case of 24 would not necessarily yield a full set. It took me 4 cases to assemble a full set. They all came from Costco. (There was also a set made for the states, again Random cities)

Chris

fanboy

Reaction score
Kid,

Another interesting thing about Coca Cola bottles from Hamilton, On; Hamilton is one of only 5 cities that actually have period named bottles. There is a Quart sized bottle from Hamilton. It is probably the 2nd rarest Canadian Coke bottle. Where are some regular Straight sides from Hamilton, however they don't have the HAMILTON on them, they have a bottler's mark...

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles