Lordbud you got me thinking.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Another sill

F42A24E73B1B4D0AB0C8E62848CDAE44.jpg

Attachments

• F42A24E73B1B4D0AB0C8E62848CDAE44.jpg
    F42A24E73B1B4D0AB0C8E62848CDAE44.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 64

Potlidboy

Reaction score
bottlekid76.... There are few great California sodas: M.R. Sacrimento (miss-spelled Sacramento) A Swan's Brewery, Blk Glass Superior (Eagle & Shield), J.T.Elko (a Nevada bottle), a golden Golden Gate (one known), Merriams, Fountain & Talman, H. Kneible (turquois),William & Serverance, Kimbal, etc..... I'll try to post some fun pictures over the next months....Hey you're a soda guy....Love to see some stuff.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Here's the most I can get in one shot.. yeah there's a scant bit of diversity, just loves me some old bottles..

D144B5E1C2444EF9BC11AA169D14C8A5.jpg

Attachments

• D144B5E1C2444EF9BC11AA169D14C8A5.jpg
    D144B5E1C2444EF9BC11AA169D14C8A5.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 59

Potlidboy

Reaction score
cyberdigger..........Great collection.......So you would be a "regional collector"....I can dig it....I find most people restrict their collections to their area, city, state, coast. Would a killer flask like Ricks pursuade you to branch out or have a "rogue bottle"....?

Potlidboy

Reaction score
meyersdiggers1998............I'm like you....I collect a bit of all catagories.....I really like the overall representation of history....So in my collection I have a Swan's Brewery (a killer soda-like beer) How could I not have it....very soda like....very not a soda....very Western....just "killa" ( I seldom go getto-- with the killa remark)... I would have several if luck would have it.

Potlidboy

Reaction score
cyberdigger............Your last photo is just a hoot! One can not (I repeat ) Not have too many bottles! Which one would you grab in a fire....you know after you saved the family, money, dogs......Hey i'm not putting "bad "juju" out there.....I guess another way of saying "What is your favorite bottle"?

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Fantastic displays!! Every one has different objectives. Mine are always centered on the mechanical different marks and forming evidence of how they were made. My dad worked as a machinist for the Morris Chain Works, and he would bring home pieces of their metal work that were scrap - and hand them to me and ask me how they were made. I would examine them and tell him how I thought they were made. He would laugh himself silly with my explanations. So when I retired from the glass industry work, I decided to read about how the bottles were made before 1900. Then I started collecting examples of the different products that were made. Especially the ones with the marks I was studying.

This is why I am always looking for glass pinched and mold repair "Half Leaf Marks". There have to be a lot of them in these glass display cases. Tell me about them, please.
RED Matthews

Potlidboy

Reaction score
RickJJ59W...............Ok...not that I'm gonna put on a ski mask & gloves....and without giving up the hiding place...Do you have a bottle (the flasK) that is soooooo good,that you keep it in a special place...you know...where it is "safe".....I know I do.....I have most bottles out for my pleasure, but on vacation they go into a 1000 lb fire safe. I have an alarm on my house...I'm not paranoid...I'm a realist.....Here in CALIF...we have earthquakes....I know friends who have lost bottles to earthquakes....I also have collector's insurance....but I'm here to tell you, I would be devestated & the money would barely soothe the pain.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Mike,

When you get time i'd love to see pics of the black glass eagle. [:)]

~Tim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2