Lots of Ball Jar Questions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

awilliams

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My neighbor has recently tasked me to go through her basement full of jars and find the "good" ones. She has probably close to 500 jars. Well, I ordered Redbook #9 and it came in today and have been busy ever since! I have found a few that I am uncertain of. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Amber.

E14DFBB7EB77486A9886853EB0F52C2E.jpg

Attachments

• E14DFBB7EB77486A9886853EB0F52C2E.jpg
    E14DFBB7EB77486A9886853EB0F52C2E.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 66

coreya

Reaction score
from looking at the pictures it looks like (from left to right on first pic) #1- 274, #2- 238, #3- 206 , #4- 250 , #5- 223 AND #6- 234
I wish I was there to go thru those jars, must be like christmas!!!

idigjars

Reaction score
Hello Amber, any colored jars down in that basement besides aqua or blue like these?

The far left half pint Ball Perfect Mason usually goes for $80-125 on ebay, lip chipped jars might be a little less.

Nice jars, it's fun isn't it!! Take care Paul

awilliams

Reaction score
Oh man I'm tellin' ya!! It was so much fun! It was a shame I had to leave before my kids got off the bus. I would probably still be there! Well, like I said I got my first infamous "Red Book" that everyone keeps talking about and I figured that small half pint might be worth a little something. I also found sacks and sacks full of zinc lids (both kinds-rings and full zinc and also lots of glass inserts) still in the box, never been used! The great thing is that I don't have to clean any of them. What's funny is I started this whole bottle collecting thing a while back when I bought a cigar box full of repo bitters bottle miniatures. Now I am hooked on Jars!! Ahhh! So much fun! Thanks for your help. I only went through about 1/3 of them so I might be posting more soon. My neighbor is an elderly lady and really needs some money so she wants me to go through all of them this week! I got my work cut out for me. Thanks Again! Amber

Paa Paw

Reaction score
Awesome finds.....Have you heard of the Ball Jar Collecters Web page Lots of information available there.....Thanks for sharing the photos.Are there any Different colors?????

awilliams

Reaction score
I will have to check out the website. Also, I looked for about three hours and didn't find any different colors. BUT I am brand new to the jar collecting thing so my color senses haven't matured quite yet. I did notice some jars were more green (or maybe aqua) than Ball Blue. But I could be very wrong.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles