Lots of new goodies!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

texasdigger

Reaction score
I have been digging a lot of my life, but finding dumps older than 1900 has been very tough. We always were digging in lage towns, and in dumps that had been dug in before. We started going to small Texas towns, and looking for thier dumps. That has been a ton more succesful, and most of the dumps we have found have not been dug up. I have posted this pic before, but here is another good bottle that came from this dump.
-B

2C2CC4A6A2F44A949CF057A4039DA959.jpg

Attachments

• 2C2CC4A6A2F44A949CF057A4039DA959.jpg
    2C2CC4A6A2F44A949CF057A4039DA959.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 111

appliedlips

Reaction score
Great,new additions Texas and congratulations on an awesome collection.That dump looks like it could be a great one,good luck.

Yours and L.C.'s Lion breweries are good ones and would sell for around $50-$60.

L.C. That B.Lager beer is a good one.I have only seen one other and it wasn't for sale.The Ohio book say's $100-$125,I would think $150-$175 is more like it.You are right,this and the Niehaus date to the 70's judging by the manufacturing marks that show up on these type beers.Cincy seems to have alot of those cool 4-pc. mold bottles in the the transition period between "ale" type bottles and true blob beers.The Neihaus is probably a $30 bottle.I have seen a few of those and sold a couple for somewhere around that.Do you have any Cincy ale bottles?I would love to see them if you do.

LC

Reaction score
Hello Doug, thanks much for the info. I have never seen another of the Neihaus or the B. Lagers before, I guess that what not getting out to shows do for you. I am surprised the Neihaus was a not a better bottle than that though. It does not matter all that much though, I like it really well, being it is a three piece mold, as well as it is the only three piece mold beer bottle I have seen,and do not plan to ever sell it. I really like the Cincinnati bottles and pretty much focus only on bottles from that city. I do not know why, I live forty five miles east of there. I basically collect only the sodas , beers, and whiskeys from there, although I will hang onto others from various other areas of Ohio and other states that catch my eye. As for the Bitters, Cures, Remedies, Flasks, Pontiled bottles and so on, I collect them regardless of where they are from.

As for the ale bottles from Cincy, I have never came across any of them before, wish I had some to show you. If or when you have the time , post some of the ones you have, I would like to ssee some of them. Thanks again for the info on the beers, it is much appreciated, Lou

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey texasdigger that display is sweet .Is that some type of old dish hutch . Look like some very nice glass in there too would'nt mind seeing a few more pics. Got any inks to show us, just my personal favorite. .
Hey LC thanks for the well wish and I would love to see your Cincinnati beer and soda collections too. The dump I've been diggen has produced quite a few Beers from Ohio, Kentucky and one P.A.I think Iam at about 10 diffrent one and theres been at least a half dozen or so more that I don't have that were broken . Good luck diggen to you all and hope that dunp gives up the mother load for ya texasdigger .
bill

appliedlips

Reaction score
Lou,

I could be wrong on the Niehaus bottle but I remember selling two for around that at the Mansfield show 2 yrs. ago.I got my pricing advice from a digger from down that way that knows his stuff.If I remember correctly,there is a soda type bottle embossed CAPT. NIEHAUS and a blackglass ale bottle embossed JN on the shoulder which was his bottle.I had a true blob of his or his son's in yellow olive I regret parting with.You seem to have some excellent Cincy stuff.I love seeing it,we don't find too much of it up this way.I like ales but only have a Boss& Co. from Cincy.There are some beautiful ones from there,however.

texasdigger

Reaction score
I am really enjoying all the info in this thread. We dug another bottle out of this dump that is a Cinci bottle as well, but it did not come home with me in the picks. It is shaped just like a Duffys malt whiskey, but it is a Rosenthall Apple Cider. We have also dug the Rosenthall flask that I showed a pic of in this thread. It is a awesome bottle, and I may try to trade for it so that I can have both of the Rosenthalls from this dump. The Kahn flask is just stunning because of the strange shape. I have never seen a flask shaped like that one. We will be digging on saturday so maybe I will have some killer new stuff to show you guys.
-B

C2644CC94C4741898D119ADFCA065D7E.jpg

Attachments

• C2644CC94C4741898D119ADFCA065D7E.jpg
    C2644CC94C4741898D119ADFCA065D7E.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 104

texasdigger

Reaction score
Dollar it is a china hutch that I converted. I do have a few inks, but nothing really impressive. Two weeks ago I sold my favorite ink. IT was a S.O. Dunbar pontiled master ink. I miss it already!

BEAE968BE04046D2A494236F49BB3EFD.jpg

Attachments

• BEAE968BE04046D2A494236F49BB3EFD.jpg
    BEAE968BE04046D2A494236F49BB3EFD.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 103

Doctor McMunn

Reaction score
Great collection there Texasdigger ! Keep at it and you'll end up with the best collection of Texas pharmacies around - not something you can build off Ebay easily either. What's with all the Cincinnati bottles coming out of a Texas dump - evidence of an immigration pattern ?

LC

Reaction score
I would say you are probably right about the Neihause Doug, you never know about prices when it come to bottles, what a person thinks sometime is realy good, ends up being medeocre, and one you might think common can be a killer !
I have heard of the Capt. Niehause, but have never seen one. maybe will come onto one in the future.

I have a few decent bottles from Cincy, I dug most of them in the seventies. If I hadn't messed my blasted back up in the late seventies, I might have had a fantastic collection or at least a good one. Thats the breaks though.

I believe the Rosenthall Apple Cider could be a good one Doug, I have never seen or heard of one of those. There is a Rosenthall Whiskey from Cincy, beautifully embossed whiskey. I haven't seen one in years. I wanted to buy the one I saw, but other things were needed more at the time. What the devil was I thinking about,,, something more important !!

I am adding a link below to a site I started to build months ago, and have never got off my can and got serious about getting all my bottles put on there. There are some of them if you would like to check them out. Some of the pics dissappeared for some reason, can not expect a lot for a freeby though !

http://www.freewebs.com/yesterdaystreasures/index.htm

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn