Lousy packaging

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
This is why people should be allowed to leave neutral or negative comments to sellers. I need to get better pictures for documentation before I try to fire it up.[attachment=dell.jpg]

Attachments

• 4d9b69fc1132491b967a785ec2ee044f.jpg
    4d9b69fc1132491b967a785ec2ee044f.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 78

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It seams only in pic at a time in this category.[attachment=dell2.jpg]

Attachments

• 3794712cedfc439c922aa59ff1fc1030.jpg
    3794712cedfc439c922aa59ff1fc1030.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 86

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Small form factor computer in about an 18" cube box with next to no packing. It would have been better with a tighter box and the screws holding it together would have helped.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
My mistake, I can leave feedback other that positive for a seller. I was wrong. The computer so far I'm happy with. I'll test it some more but it seams to have survived, and is faster and quieter than my clunker for sure.Time for a full backup and switchover I hope. I'll give it a few hours anyway.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
They lowered the price a little and so far as I can see there was no damage done. It you've been running a 15 YO box like I have it may be something to consider.I ran a bunch of tests and it passed and it's quiet as a mouse (and not one of the ones in the walls late at night[:D])I wrote them about the poor packing and maybe they'll correct it. I could have just got lucky though.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Quite remarkable that it survived without damage/loss of functionality. I can't make heads-or-tails of it really; I dropped my cheapo lenovo laptop 7 feet onto asphalt and it landed on its side, shattering one of the monitor hinges, but it not only stayed powered on, but none of the hardware (HD, keyboard, etc) was harmed. 18 months later it still works, though isn't very pretty to look at. On the other hand, my gal's more expensive HP laptop simply crapped out and she did absolutely nothing wrong to it. It just croaked for no apparent reason. I guess your computer was well put together or imbued with some sort of good juju.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It's a small form factor desktop, not a laptop.[:D] It was the access panel that fell off. I've worked on laptops and there are a butt load of screws that have to fall out before any of it come come apart.One day I'll own a laptop and one not from a dumpster like the ones I have.I still got to find a free recycle place that doesn't cost $$ in gas or fees for disposal to get rid of. There are some but I never remember them when I go in their direction.OK, I have to remember them instead.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Well, it's broken for sure. I keep waiting for something to happen but it seams that it happens before I see it.I should be waiting.[:-]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75