Luckiest guy in the world

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jwpevahouse

Reaction score
A local person I met a couple of years ago, saw my bottle collection and was inspired to go out looking for old bottles near his home. Of course he hit on an 1850s dump with pontil bottles right away. Most collectors around here could look for years and years and never find an untouched 1850s dump. I don't have a picture of the complete bottle but included is the bottom of a Tupper & Southwich, NY eight sided green soda, his first ever find. Also some other pointil inks and medicines. Interesting he insists he has no interest in collecting bottles.

Attachments

• IMG_6268.jpg
    IMG_6268.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_6641.jpg
    IMG_6641.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 115

yacorie

Reaction score
I think we’d all kill for that type of luck. Maybe he will tell you where he found them and take you with him one day

jwpevahouse

Reaction score
I think we’d all kill for that type of luck. Maybe he will tell you where he found them and take you with him one day

He's a lucky guy in many ways, a nice person too but wise enough not to reveal his digging site. And of course the bottles were in excellent condition, very little stain or wear. I lucked up on one early dump in the woods where bottles were literally sticking out of the ground, little digging required,, 1860s and 70s bottles galore, mostly local sodas, colored and otherwise. But that's rare and the allure of an old dump waiting out there somewhere and to be the first will keep bottle diggers motivated for a very long time to come.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229