Mason jar and lid help please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

historyhunter

Reaction score
Joshlo....you will learn color spectrum is a thing of much debate. Get em together and look at all the different shades and crudeness. George on here is a serious crude jar collector. Id take his word. These guys helped me identify a jar last summer worth over 700 bux! Post the bottles and jars in a nice clean lineup with a white board behind it and wait for help. I wouldnt sell one jar till you were sure of its worth. Also North American Glass AUction is a great online auction house and he will also guide you in the right direction as to the sale of said nice jars.

jolosho

Reaction score
What does cornflower blue indicate? Age, value? I don't have any reference to any particular color, but I have heard the term. Tomorrow I can get a photo next to a blue Perfect Mason, maybe that will help.

jolosho

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I have not heard of a glass auction house. I was going to put them on eBay. I will definately check out North American Glass Auction. Could you define crude glass? Is that the same as whittled?

historyhunter

Reaction score
Look at every thread started by Georgeoj in this JARS area. His define crude. Bubbles, drops, seed, stones....you will see.

jolosho

Reaction score
These are the 3 jars together that I have so far mentioned in my queries. I am starting another thread with the only 3 other jars I have to sell. Two of those are ground lip.

55F1B2FE6BBA40F3934C93590518218A.jpg

Attachments

• 55F1B2FE6BBA40F3934C93590518218A.jpg
    55F1B2FE6BBA40F3934C93590518218A.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 66

jolosho

Reaction score
I didn't realize that could happen. I want to sell them and I have about a $1000 monthly gap between mom's income and expenses. So...I have to get as much as I can. If you want to make me an offer I would be open to that. I am not concerned how they are sold, I just need to be smart about it. The amount of things I have to get rid of and the variety is overwhelming. Most of the stuff is not that valuable. So when I figured out these might be worth something I joined this club to make sure I know what I have. I believe I would be better off selling each one seperate.

deenodean

Reaction score
The one on the right looks like Ball Mason . There are over 40 variations. We need better pictures of ALL of them. Just take a black marker and trace out the lettering. Take several more pictures and close-ups including the tops and bottoms. Please indicate the size of each jar. The black marker will wash off. The half gallon Mason looks like cornflower blue. Lets go from there!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2