Capital Wine and Spirit Company

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone here can help with this but I picked up this cool jug last week. I can't find out a thing about it or the company. Has anyone ever heard of the Capital Wine and Spirit Company from Edmonton? The jug is in great condition. If you know of any website I can visit that might have further information, please let me know.
jug2.jpg

walksoftly

Reaction score
There is a reference to in the company in the Edmonton Journal from Saturday, August 5, 1916 "Capital Wine and Spirit Co Found Guilty in Police Court A fine of $50 and Casts, to be levied by distress slid shI of the defendmit company's goods and ..." for more you would need access to Newspapers.com

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
There is a reference to in the company in the Edmonton Journal from Saturday, August 5, 1916 "Capital Wine and Spirit Co Found Guilty in Police Court A fine of $50 and Casts, to be levied by distress slid shI of the defendmit company's goods and ..." for more you would need access to Newspapers.com
Thank you. I will check on that. It does give me some information and a spot to start.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice find! Not one I'm familiar with but any prairie stoneware is going to be a good one.

Semar

Reaction score
Wonder what they were found guilty of; was there prohibition in CA at some point in the past?
A lot of our booze came in from CA during prohibition so probably not, eh? ;)

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
Wonder what they were found guilty of; was there prohibition in CA at some point in the past?
A lot of our booze came in from CA during prohibition so probably not, eh? ;)
Prohibition in Alberta was from 1916 to 1923 I believe.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen