Mason jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TigerJCM1

Reaction score
I started a post on another thread but since have realized that i have more jars than bottles so I will look for a little help here. To make it short I inherited my grandmothers house about 10 years ago and have kinda just left everything alone. Recently pulled down some old bottles from a pantry to look up their value. As i was doing this i noticed a lot of mason type fruit jars for sale and remembered that there was about 20 boxes of them in one of the barns outside. So i go and scam through them today and as I came across a new one i put aside and brought it inside. I think I would like to get rid of these and would like to ask the experts here if any of these are valuable and what would be the best way to sell the whole lot as one. Here are some examples of what I have, some I have dozens of and some there are only one or two that I have seen so far. All help is appreciated.....

Ball Ideal Pat D July 14th 1908 qt with glass lid, wire clip, square i guess you would call it,

Ball Ideal with glass lid, wire clip, round, blue-ish tint

Ball Perfect Mason Qt round screw on lid, blue, a few different variations of the logo

Ball Freezer Jar (smaller 1/2 qt maybe?) with raised glass lines around for grip

Ball widemouth clear qt

Ball Perfect Mason round, blue, 1/2 gallon i think

Ball Perfect Mason clear 1/2 gallon square

Ball Perfect Mason with raised grips square clear, have a lot of these, qt

Ball Mason 1/2 gallon clear with raised grips

Mason Jar, with a star between the words, clear qt

Mason , qt , clear, on the back is 1776-1976 with liberty bell

Mason's Patent Nov 30th 1858 1/2 gallon with lid,, there are two different symbols on the bottles, i wouldnt know what to call either

Atlas Good-Luck with clover, glass lid, square, 1/2 the size of the regular jars, whatever that is lol

Atlas Strong Shoulder Mason qt round

Atlas Special Mason square qt

Atlas E-Z Seal round, qt with glass top

Atlas Mason Qt, square,

Moms Mason Jar, picture of a woman on it, square qt

JG Mason round, pt

Kerr self sealing Mason qt

Kerr Self Sealing Trade Mark Rec Mason 1/2 gallon

Golden Harvest Mason qt

Golden Harvest Mason pt

The Telephone Jar Whitney Glass Works qt jar looks like it should have a glass lid but doesnt

Hundreds of jars total,, some are these that i listed and some are unmarked completely, some of the unmarked look old and some not so old,, half of those could be Mayonase jars, i have no idea

Well now that I have typed that and set each one on the floor and away from the flourecent lights it looks like the ones i called blue may be green, i have no idea, i will look at them in the sunlight tomorrow. Thanks

historyhunter

Reaction score
I have a nice BPM that is blue. As soon as I clean er up Ill post it.

downsouthdiggers

Reaction score
I've got a perty blue one too but its missin a chunk out of the back.

epackage

Reaction score
pic's pic's and more pic's would help you and us, also where you're located, in case someone wants to stop by and help you out wouldn't hurt...Jim

gumpsgirl

Reaction score
I have a clear Lamb mason jar with a glass and metal lid. The only mark on the bottom is a "L". I thought it would be made by Lamb Glass Company but the "L" appears to be for Latchford Glass Company. I'm not sure if the lid is the original but it is white glass. The inside of the lid says "White Crown Vacuum Mason Jar Cap" and "Pat-11-22" "1910". There is also an upside down "1" above the pat. number. Any information on this would be appreciated.[font="sans-serif, arial, helvetica, geneva"][/font]

BB2E6FAFB2D54D57B66BED95E80E8F38.jpg

Attachments

• BB2E6FAFB2D54D57B66BED95E80E8F38.jpg
    BB2E6FAFB2D54D57B66BED95E80E8F38.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 125

gumpsgirl

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the lid...

0D910F6821BB441BA50C01ADF0D5C262.jpg

Attachments

• 0D910F6821BB441BA50C01ADF0D5C262.jpg
    0D910F6821BB441BA50C01ADF0D5C262.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 121

gumpsgirl

Reaction score
Near the bottom of the jar is also the number 12.

digginthedog

Reaction score
The LAMB MASON took a LAMB insert, and it would be worth as much as the jar is, I once sold a complete THE LAMB on ebay and had several people contact me to see if I had any more inserts-the WHITE CROWN insert goes to a WHITE CROWN MASON- $8-12 for pt/qt- The LAMB- books for $1-3 complete. JB

gumpsgirl

Reaction score
Would the White Crown mason be the same as a Crown mason? I have a large one that says Crown Mason. Where the lid screws down there is the number 20.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2