Masonic Flasks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

annie44

Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pics, Steve. I love how pale the color is on those - almost looks like clear glass......

annie44

Reaction score
Now the GIV-8a is listed as "colorless" and the GIV-23 is listed as "clear" - not sure what the difference is but I'd like to see either one......

nhglass

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: annie44

Now the GIV-8a is listed as "colorless" and the GIV-23 is listed as "clear" - not sure what the difference is but I'd like to see either one......
Hi, I just sent you a picture of my GIV-8A, I would have put it on the site but I for the life of me can not figure out how to download it ? The pictures I sent are what is called colorless, you will notice that the base shows a light gray- blue color, this Flask is extremely rare and has been found in a Greenish color not listed in the Mc Kearin Book, hope this information helps [:)]

kungfufighter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: annie44

In theory these two words should have the same meaning. In theory[:)]

nhglass

Reaction score
Hi Jeff, so would you use the term colorless with a grayish-blue tint or clear with a grayish- blue tint to describe my GIV-8A ? Or would you describe it a different way ?

annie44

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures Dale! That is a fantastic, extremely rare, and beautiful flask! Love the "colorless" appearance!!

kungfufighter

Reaction score
I would personally catalog the flask as "primarily clear with a gray-blue tint" since (again, in theory) "colorless" should mean "without color or tint."

It's a great flask, eh?

annie44

Reaction score
It's an AMAZING flask! I think your description is spot on......

nhglass

Reaction score
Glad to share the pictures, I just love the early New England Eagle Masonic Flasks [:)] Thank s Jeff for your insight into the description of the GIV- 8A, I appreciate the information [;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter