Medicine Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

martcollectible

Reaction score
I am new to the bottle collecting, actually cleaning out an old building and found numerous bottles and thought they might be worth something. On here to see if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Have numerous medicine bottles, Emulsion, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium Citrate, clear and brown, have small Lysol bottles, Roman 1/2 gallon jug, hubby thinks maybe bleach was in it, also have an amber 6 1/2 oz coke bottle from Huntington WV.

Could anyone help me figure out value and where to start, thought about Ebay.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
eBay does give a general market value I suppose. You could always post some pics on here, there are many helpful and knowledgeable collectors that i'm sure would be happy to help. [:)]

All the best,
~Tim

surfaceone

Reaction score
Roman 1/2 gallon jug, hubby thinks maybe bleach was in it,

Hello Kim,

Welcome to A-BN. Please do put up some photos of your finds. We'll try to tell you a little something.

Please tell "hubby" he got that right. Unfortunately, the bleach bottles have little, if any, collector value.

th_SDC13819.jpg

martcollectible

Reaction score
I will post some as soon as we have them all cleaned up, we have probably 500 I would say.... found one that was kinda interesting all I can find on it is RV Pierce, MD Buffalo NY. Looked like maybe he or she gave out bottles filled with meds when patients came in. I will post some in the next day or so.

surfaceone

Reaction score
01.jpg

Hey Kim,

There's a fair amount of information about Dr. Ray Vaughn Pierce available.

Dr. Pierce must have been fabulously successful, because there are a ton of his common bottles floating around. I've dug a half dozen or so, my ownself.

drpportr.jpg
From. He was the big competitor of Lydia Pinkham. They both marketed heavily to women.

drpihosp.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter