Memorial Day Weekend digging!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
you got ya a good one there ! darn good!

deep digger

Reaction score
Ken, You are doing a great job. Hope you are having lots of fun YOU SHOULD BE. Its been a long time since I dug in any kind of real dump. I dig mostly privies now.Ill be in touch soon just been very busy on the farm. Keep diggin Kevin

KBbottles

Reaction score
Thx again guys for the support. Badger, great tips for finding coins,etc. There's gotta be at least one! I'll have to dedicate a full day to sifting some time soon. Or alternate dig and sift. Hey Kevin good to hear from you. We'll touch base soon.

I started boxing up most of my finds from this summer that I don't display and have them labeled by site for reference.

swizzle

Reaction score
If you can afford it then upgrade to a newer machine. You'll still get overload signals from buried tin cans and such but if there isn't a lot of metal trash then use the metal detector. I have a swinging sifter on an oversized saw horse set up. I can sift a 5 gallon bucket at a time. If the dirt is good then I can sift a couple hundred gallons in an hour. Swiz

KBbottles

Reaction score
Now that's the kind of sifter I need! One of those fancy swinging ones that archaeologists use.

Here's a good site for them: http://www.archaeologicalsupply.com/

You sound like a sifting master Swiz! There is quite a bit of metal trash in this site and a lot of the bottles have some rust stains which is frustrating.

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
Kenny just make one.. home depot lowe's get some good old rat wire a 2 x 4 build a box and attatch the wire to the bottom with some fence wire staples and go sift my man!!

I have one if you want to use it.. let me know.. and when do you wanna probe them there privies?? Later John

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc