Memorial Day Weekend digging!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woodswalker

Reaction score
Very nice!!!! What a great dump to find with all those old bottles!!! The doll reminds me of the movie or song Jeepers creepers....where'd ya get those peepers!!!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
I know Dave aka THE BADGER often detects while he digs... And shows up with some cool stuff. He's probably a good one to get some pointers from.

KBbottles

Reaction score
Definitely! I've dug with Dave before (he always has great luck finding things especially small stuff) and stay in touch with he and Jesster from time to time.

jesster64

Reaction score
KB, I have a large sifter if you need to borrow it. nothing fancy but it does the job.I might have to charge you one of those cough syrups though.

Clam

Reaction score
You got one hell of a haul there Ken, good work I always keep the whiskey cylinders too....Any bottles that come in a multitude of colors is worth keeping.......Greg

KBbottles

Reaction score
Hey Tom!

I actually have a few too that I'll try and see if they work out ok. I also do a lot of shark tooth/fossil hunting in NJ and go a few times in the summer when the weather gets hot.

In any case, I'll be sure to set aside a little collection of S.B. Goff bottles for you anyway :). I have several of four different kinds. Some flat front ABMs, lots of BIM cough syrups, a few BIM herb bitters, and a few larger BIM Indian vegetables. None of the rare ones, but I still think they're beautiful local pieces anyway. Do you have any of the Favorite Remedy bottles?

Lordbud

Reaction score
There might be a few killer spots like yours out here in California but they are far far off the beaten path and/or on private property. Amazing finds and obviously still plenty more bottles to be found. Amazing stuff...

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey ken great digs bro,you got a great spot there enjoy it.as far as using a detector in the dump its just like psych said,if its heavy with metal you would do better sifting.but the dump im using mine in right now is an 1800's dump so im not finding any modern garbage.older metal like coins,jewelry etc. usually shows a nice color of green in this dump and i usually spot by eye but lots can get missed,also many of the silver coins turn black and are very hard to spot but that detector will sing if it goes over it.i check old bottle dumps often for small items because guys that dug the dumps were interested in the bottles and didnt pay attention to the small stuff unless it practically rolled up their shovels.train the eyes to look for items that look round,but no matter what always at least check.good luck with rest of that place.see ya THE BADGER

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1