Metal detecting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
I haven't sent anything into ARA yet.

Waiting for the end of the season to see how much silver/gold I get...so far, 0 gold... I did eventually find a nice Mexican Made Silver bracelet, a flat braided necklace and 3 rings..all silver. I also have a necklace I dont wear anymore that is solid silver, 18" long and is probably 1/4" square...so that one would be worth some cash...

Many of the guys/girls on friendly metal detecting forum use ARA. They seem to be very reputable and besides paying out 96-98% of melt value, they will also make you an offer for the stones left over in the jewelry. or they will send them back to you.

Here's a good link to the forum that has quite a bit of info and responses about How ARA works:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=81823

Hope it helps!

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, iron. I'm just getting use to mine, I have some good spots in mind, but i just been taking it out learning tones, and such, but have been having a lot of fun. One of the main reasons i bought it was to help me find old dumps. I know some dumping areas, but the detector helps me pin point them.

Chuck,

ironmountain

Reaction score
No problem SMSB,
Good places are: your own backyard. Disc out iron and dig everything, that way you get used to what the signals mean and know what to dig and what not to dig...Local parks are good, local schools or old school locations, older baseball/soccer fields...just MD the outside of them, not the field itself.

I've been digging the same park (Henry Ford built it as a "retreat" for familes...on a medium size lake) for 2 years and I still find a bunch of good stuff when I go there...

One thing you want to do when you dig ...make sure to replace the dirt and the grass flap...Here's a video to how to do it...This way, if you do peoples yards or public areas where ppl might get crabby, you can show them the trash you haul out, and the fact that you leave it how it was...I don't use a towel, I just use a plastic walmart bag. That way you can put your trash items in the walmart bag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj6-UfZJZ4Y

if you ever need any tips, hit me up!

Chuck

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
My City park is where I been going, and have found stuff every day. Our area fair comes to town in about a week and i plan on hitting it after they pull out.

Chuck,

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
it's in good shape, but i spent an hour cleaning it. We still haven't found another one like it. We saw another silver Mickey ring sell for 140.00, but it wasn't as nice as this one. I want to know the age on this one, it looks pretty old to me.

One more thing, I really like my Garrett ace 350, this sucker is a coin finding son of a gun!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles