Metal detecting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bixel

Reaction score
I am fairly new to the hobby, and really new to metal detecting. I dont YET have a metal detector, but plan on getting one. Even if I dont get on for this year, I have a friend that lives close by that has one. My question is, living in Canada, where would my best bet be for doing some detecting? I live in a smaller town (12,000), with lots of small towns near by, and some abandonded towns as well. ( yes, they do have dumps!) We dont really have too much of history around here, no battles were fought around here or anything unless I take a bit of a drive. Where would the "experts" out there suggest that I try looking? Drop me an email at:

number_1insulator_collector@hotmail.com

or reply on the forum, so other people can see the responce...

Thanks,
Kyle

Bottleman

Reaction score
If you really want some good information on detecting, this detecting forum is the best that I have found. Findmall.comThey are very nice people and have helped me out a ton. I know there is also a number of Canadian people on that forum that could help you even more.

~~Tom

atticmint

Reaction score
Hey Kyle
Double check the history, I think London was established around 1780. There must be some great places to dig or detect. I would start with the rivers in your area and go from there.
Kev

Bixel

Reaction score
Yah, London is fairly old. I know my town was established in 1832. London was a settlement, but no offically surveyed until 1826. I know alot of local history, and having a map book of the whole county and all the towns from 1878 should help me a bit at least! I think I am going to try the river here in town, where the original mill and dam were, then work from there.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks