Metal detectors

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mihai

Reaction score
Hello everybody

I would like to ask you for an oppinion. I know there are a lot of you into metal detecting and I wonder if you can help me choosing the right device. I don't want to sell my car for it but it would be nice to be performant. But more into the budget side, please.
I have a few ideas from other sites but maybe you can push me into the right direction.

Thank you!

David E

Reaction score
I bought a Garett GTA 1000, and a whites from this site, they seem to have good prices.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/indexmain.htm

Mihai

Reaction score
Thank you for help David.
The site is fine but I live in UK and it seems like they deliver only in the US. But was good to know the prices.
Cheers!

towhead

Reaction score
I also have A Garrett....Love It!....perhaps you could find one on EBay....?

Mihai

Reaction score
Hi Towhead

What model of Garrett do you have? I've heard about 150 that is good for begining but I already bid for a Treasure Hunter 3030. Is it any good?

Mihai

Reaction score
Cheers Python

Luckly I was outbided so I can look for something better. I'll keep an eye for this 250.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Mihai, Seben, Whites, Garretts and Bounty Hunters are all good detectors. I personally like the Garretts and Seben. They offer a better range of discrimination for cutting out useless scrap metal. Seben is made in Germany and so is Bosch so they may be cheeper there.

Don't buy the cheepest and don't buy the most expensive, unless you get a fantastic deal of course, but don't buy the cheepest.

Mihai

Reaction score
Thank you Warren,

Many people, mainly from US, recommend Garrett and as far as I can see in different presentations and tests is a reliable one. The only problem is that this detector is cheap in New World but here is not, if I want to buy a new one. Ace 150 is from £140 and Ace 250 from £200. If I'll buy from US I might have to pay duties.
Now I'm trying my luck with some bargains on eBay. If in a few days I won't succed I'll see what I find from new.

Take care

Mike O

Reaction score
I have a Whites XLT. I bought it used from Ebay a couple of years ago. This thing was never used and it was 1/2 the price of a new one!

towhead

Reaction score
Mine is a GTI 1500....and about $800. Don't know about the others models....Good Luck Again!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR