Method to the madness?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
If/when digging a hillside of old trash, where do you start? How do you proceed? Do you have some sort of system or method?

Where I'm currently digging is now just 1 huge clusterfuck of a mess. A bunch of randomly placed holes of various sizes and piles from those holes. It's frustrating and a little overwhelming. Bottles, jars, glass, cans, rust, trash, EVERYWHERE.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I got a Method, Start at Bottom & work your way up. That way your not throwing you rejected Debris Pile over the top of a virgin undug area. As Hunter would say "WORKS FOR ME" Leon.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I think I'm just entirely too excited lol, digging all crazy like.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I know that feeling, it can be hard to stick to doing it systematically. But if you're trying to dig a whole dump then you'll regret putting your tailings piles on top of undug sections later on.
My situation exactly..

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I agree with Leon: Work upslope from the bottom. BUT -- and this is important -- don't undercut the bank or you could experience an undignified end to your collecting. Keep breaking down the overhead as you dig. Don't be a miner after bottles -- it is a short career path for some.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen