Milk Bottle - Mass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MABottleHunter

Reaction score
Hey Forum, this is my first post so I hope i don't embarrass myself that bad, What I found is a Milk bottle that has the embossing " Mass uc seal" about 2 inches from the top. Under than it says One Quart Liquid, then a large "C" and then it says Valley Farm and lastly under that it says Dover Mass, on the bottom it says "VF", on the reverse it says "V.F" at the top and on the bottom it says Registered.

I found it while i was walking to a site, i was walking along a rock wall and i walked over it and felt the hollow thump, pushed the dirt and leaves away and there it was.

Theres a slight chip on the "Dover" part :/

I'll try and post a picture :p I don't know how successful i'll be.

It's roughly 9 inches.

I'm hoping someone can identify it or give me some information on it, thanks! - David

Attachments

• FD43D800D5AF45989F26BCC4A1734205.jpg
    FD43D800D5AF45989F26BCC4A1734205.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 75

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Welcome David. Where are from? I know the farm. It had a big delivery area and included the Dana Hall School in Wellesley. It operated from about 1890 until the 50's I think. It was bought for conservation land in the 60's. I hiked around there years ago.
The bottles are fairly common in that area but still carry some local interest.

glass man

Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE FORUM DAVID! KNOW NOTHING BOUT YOUR BOTTLE,BUT IT IS AWAYS COOL TO FIND ONE THAT EASY! JAMIE

MABottleHunter

Reaction score
Hey, thanks! I live in Grafton Mass, it's in Worcester county if you're not familiar with the town.

Stardust

Reaction score
Welcome David to the forum and I know your neck of the woods very well. I wish you the best of luck on hunting down more bottles.
[;)] star ~

MABottleHunter

Reaction score
Thanks! It's a wonderful area, although i've only found 2 dumps which were both fairly common [:(]

Semar

Reaction score
I worked at Valley farm after school . It was about a half mile from where I lived then. A guy named Charlie was in charge of the place. I used to shovel shit and milk the cows after school. There was a bull in residence there; his name was Teddy Roosevelt; Charlie had a bad limp on account of Teddy getting loose one day and Teddy dragged him and stomped him pretty good. We'd get paid in chocolate milk. Many happy memories from Valley Farm. I'd love to have a Valley farm bottle. There is/was a sub station on Haven street that had an empty lot next door to it; it was littered with Valley Farm milk bottles, all broken. :(
Semar

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS