Milk bottles, Bo peep amonia, fleece white, NEED HELP

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
hey bill, id def grab the milks dont know how much there worth? the bleach bottles and fleecy whites are common, i wouldnt waste time grabbing them,id also look for soda bottles, and or embossed medicine bottles and or jars

madman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ww2collector

2 different labels of Richmond Dairy bottles (many more at site too)

AD7D2832C0FE4EA09401F3E86E8DC183.jpg
the milks are late 40s?

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello ww2collector; I just went back through my word files to look for a letter I have sent to new collectors. With out finding it. Anyway, I decided to post a rule of thumb for bottles that really are too new to bring home - in my opinion. If the bottle has mold side seams that go up and over the finish on the bottle, it is usually too new to keep. This tells us it was made on a ABM (Automatic Bottle Machine).

The only exception is with the milks maybe, because they are collected for their character and the pyro-glazed applied labels. This is also true for early soda bottle collectors. There are many different opinions about what one wants to collect. Good Luck and enjoy this FORUM, because we like to share our experiences and help new collectors.
RED Matthews

ww2collector

Reaction score
Ahhhh.... Good to know RED! I did not know about the ABM rule. This makes sense and will totally help me decide what is good to bring home or not. I really appreciate the help, it will save me alot of time. haha. There are still ALOT of milk and cream bottles from the 40s out there and also alot of other weird ones. So I will let you know what I find without the ABM lines. Thanks again for your helpful response. Its hard to be a newbie in the collecting world! haha

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Mayo sounds good. http://www.dukesmayo.com/about.asp
Is that a "0." after the Owens mark? That would be 1940.

ww2collector

Reaction score
Yup, sure is a "0". Thanks for the help. Im thinking this is a more common one

I found a cool CRASS Ginger alre bottle today along with others. it has a "37" on the bottom, so Im guessing 1937

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.