Mine Dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

f1addict

Reaction score
Well, we made it back up there the first week in October, arriving on Thursday afternoon. We woke up to 3 inches of new snow on Friday morning with flurries throughout the day. Woke up Saturday morning to 6 more inches and a temperature of 14º f.

Snowy_tent.jpg

All things not condusive to digging. However, we're die-hards and did manage to make it up for a couple hours of fun, frozen fun, but fun. We found an amber American Whiskey Bourbon bottle, which was our first intact amber find. In addition, there were some small bottle, probably perfume or something, and a larger 800cc medical bottle of some sort.

I have a question about the medical bottle. What would you recommend we do with the contents? It's still half full of whatever liquid it originally contained and I'm not sure if it's something I should just dump down the drain or if I need to pour it into another container and dispose of it properly.

We spent some time looking for cone-tops and ended up bringing home 5 or 6 of the best we could find. Unfortunately, there was still quite a bit of snow on the ground which made our task that much more difficult.

During our time there, we also managed to find 6 more dumps in the area and what we believe to be a privy!!! I haven't convinced myself that digging in a privy is the right thing to do but I'm sure my curiosity will get the better of me.

I'll get pictures up as soon as I have them.

As an aside, who says we don't have fall color in California?
Log_Cabin_Mine_Road.jpg

The purpose of this particular trip was actually to photograph fall color, which I obviously did, along with digging.

hemihampton

Reaction score
We get plenty of snow here in Michigan in Winter, Wish I lived in California for the Winter. No Dump searching for me until April/May. Send me any Pics of cans you may have found. Thanks, Leon.

f1addict

Reaction score
Hey Leon, I accidentally sent the cans home with my girlfriend who lives in the Bay Area and she doesn't have a digital camera. I'm heading up there to visit at the end of October and I'll have my camera with me so I'll get some pictures taken and posted while I'm there. Sorry it's taking so long.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL