Miniature Pontilled Carboy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Semar

Reaction score
From a little antique shop in Dennis years ago.
The lip is folded, the molding looks like wicker, there is a handle on each side.
Whiskey sampler?
Cologne?
Is it Sandwich and Boston glass?
Anyone?

Attachments

• pontilledcarboy.jpg
    pontilledcarboy.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Skoda

Reaction score
These show up fairly often and were seemingly very popular. I had one several years ago, actually. One came up for auction a few years ago that had the label and if I'm remembering correctly it was an eu de toilette or eu de cologne.

Semar

Reaction score
I've seen a few of these some years ago; I have never seen a sick one or one that looked dug.
When I see them on ebay or etsy they are priced in the $80.00 plus range. Any possibility that they may be 'repros' ?

Skoda

Reaction score
I've seen a few of these some years ago; I have never seen a sick one or one that looked dug.
When I see them on ebay or etsy they are priced in the $80.00 plus range. Any possibility that they may be 'repros' ?
As far as I'm aware, there are no reproductions of these. Anecdotally I've seen a lot of perfume bottles with intricate molds from this era in not-dug, "attic" shape, and I think it's simply because people found them to be pretty and I would imagine relatively expensive because of the contents, so people didn't trash them as much as say, a medicine bottle.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen