mississippi hutches wanted!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ftpeak

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member here. I live in Columbia, MS and I've been collecting/digging old bottles for several years. I have a Columbia Hutchinson Coke bottle for sale. I'm taking offers on it. If interested, send me an email with your offer at: ftp381@gmail.com.

epackage

Reaction score
You're a new member here, how do we know you can be trusted to #1 even have this bottle without posting a pic, #2 how do we know you can be trusted to send the bottle after we send you our money. Do you plan on doing this as an Ebay sale so we can see your feedback, Coke Hutches don't come cheap right? Don't you think you should show us something that shows you're a trusted seller and collector other than your post and an email address??

ftpeak

Reaction score
I posted this for my husband without uploading picture, my fault, not his. Did not mean to offend. Yes, he used to sell on Ebay from 2002-2004. Still has the Ebay account but took a look at the fees recently, and they are out of their mind! Reminded me of why we stopped selling on Ebay. He's the bottle digger; I just type it for him. Posting a picture now. Next post will be from him.

0270705A7C1B4F11A6162E352BD6A2E5.jpg

Attachments

• 0270705A7C1B4F11A6162E352BD6A2E5.jpg
    0270705A7C1B4F11A6162E352BD6A2E5.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 104

epackage

Reaction score
Thanks, we have a few Miss. collectors on here and the pic will help...Jim[;)]

ftpeak

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

You're a new member here, how do we know you can be trusted to #1 even have this bottle without posting a pic, #2 how do we know you can be trusted to send the bottle after we send you our money. Do you plan on doing this as an Ebay sale so we can see your feedback, Coke Hutches don't come cheap right? Don't you think you should show us something that shows you're a trusted seller and collector other than your post and an email address??

Today I made a new post correcting my first post. If you will notice#1 I have posted a description of the bottle(that I do have) And #2 My post has pictures of the bottle. #3 I have included my user name on Ebay with (403) transactions All with 100% positive feedback. I will not be selling this bottle on Ebay because of the crazy fees that they charge. This is Not a coke hutch, but a soda hutch that I am taking offers on. Again I apologize for my first post.

Reaction score
ftpeak- Welcome - I'm fairly new as well. Can you let us know what you might want for this bottle?

ftpeak

Reaction score
Because I had several people wanting this COLUMBIA, MISSISSIPPI HUTCH SODA BOTTLE, I decided to list it on eBay. If anyone here is interested, you can see the listing by clicking on this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160886837972?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Thanks,
FTP

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I've requested to post a separate Buy, sell post but in the meantime here is the description.
I personally don't feel multiple post of the same nature don't need to be made so I'm deleting some, 5 I think now. This one seams appropriate enough. Of coarse it is on the bay now, Thank you, the management???[:D][:D]
POST CORRECTION:

I apologize for referring to this bottle as a COKE Hutch in my very first post dated 09/14/2012. It should read SODA Hutchinson.

Columbia's Coke Plant opened in 1912 and there is no Coke Hutch from Columbia, MS. My research points to around 1,000 of these bottles being made by Ihmsen Glass Co. for Columbia Bottling Works. Many of these bottles were broken, thrown away, or lost over the years. I know of only 4 of these bottles being recovered since 1962, and I have one of the 4. Because this bottle is so hard to find, and I have a lot of people wanting this bottle, I am taking offers on it.

Columbia Mississippi Hutchinson bottle, Columbia Bottling Works, Columbia, Miss.
* Aqua blue in color
* 7 1/4" tall
* Bottle has a MUG BASE, embossed with I.G. Co. 77 on base
* Made by Ihmsen Glass Co. Pittsburgh PA 1855-1896
* Bottle has part of the stopper still inside
* Has nice bubbles and seeds
* Has a bb size broken bubble that does not go thru
* Has a few scratches but no chips or cracks or other damage

I used to buy & sell old bottles on Ebay from 2002-2004. On Ebay, my username is tomcat_peak. I have (403) feedback comments, all positive with 100%.
If you or someone you know wants to make an offer on this bottle,
3B4328D57FA8491298F36641E0669320.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles