Moerlein Brewing Co, Cincinnati info?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Great photo's and excellent story line! I've dug one intact one, not in Nashville or Memphis, but in a very small TN ghost town. I gifted it to a old digging buddy , who retired due to his health and always wanted an intact one, having dug a bucket of frustrating shards.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I dug one in Stockton in 1967 so they made it all the way out here, had it in my window for years, till some jerk broke the window and took it.........Andy

rdwalker

Reaction score
bottles in the basement

The beer you have is not all that uncommon , but I like it really well , they have some super nice graphics on them . I have seen them over the years bring as much as forty dollars in the Cincinnati area , and over the past ten years or so I have seen them bring as little as twenty to twenty five . What they are considered to be worth I can not say . I have a pint and a quart myself . I heard a story once that there were hundreds of them found in a basement in Cincinnati , whether there is any truth to that I can't say . I have seen these beers with such a brilliant finish that the print looks to be deep through the finish , regretfully , mine are not like that . If you go to the following link below , you will find some history of the original maker and where the product has progressed as of today . Hope this helps you . Maybe someone else may chime in with some more info for you .

http://www.christianmoerlein.com/

I'm new to the site. Don't know if you got my reply. I was in that basement 40 years ago. I have quit a few bottles

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn