Monroe La. Straight side coke !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Gracias' Amigos I Paid ... $68.00 ... Buy It Now$10.55 ....... Shipping$78.55 Total So I guess I did alright! [:)]

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Next Question ... What the h*LL does NPC & Co. stand for? I've looked high and low and cannot find anything bottle or glass related to it.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Bob, thats a conservative number. Until proven otherwise, thats a great deal you made for a rate bottle.... I can't find anything on NPC& Co...thats just crazy!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Notice that the Root and the Illinois Glass Company Hutchinson bottles both have the NPC & CO. mark. Which leads me to suspect it has nothing to do with either glass company but rather something to do with the Ouachita Valley Bottling Works itself. I'm thinking it might be a name abbreviation of some type such as (for example) ... Nathan Patrick Connors & Company And don't be confused by the ROOT 559 on the Hutchinson bottle, especially after we just talked about the ROOT 539 on the eBay crown bottle. According to Bill Porter, it was not uncommon for a lower number to be on a later bottle. Plus, its possible the Hutch bottle is actually later than the crown bottle. Umm, on second thought, forget what I said about "don't be confused." Its a long story that you'll have to ask Bill Porter about. [:D] Anyhoo, I think NPC is someone's initials. ???

Attachments

• c4c313341b4143699e5368a390f7ae44.jpg
    c4c313341b4143699e5368a390f7ae44.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 77

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
And ... If its not someone's initials, then what common denominator is there between the Illinois Glass Company and the Root Glass Company?

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Perhaps the answer to the NPC & CO. question can be found on one of these sites. I especially like the second one but I haven't had time to read all of it - too much information to absorb this late in the day.

Illinois Glass Company ~ Brief History

http://www.glassbottlemarks.com/diamond-i-or-i-inside-a-diamond-mark-seen-on-antique-bottles/

Illinois Glass Company ~ Detailed History ~ Bill Lockhart

http://www.sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/IGCo_BLockhart.pdf

Root Glass Company ~ Brief History

http://www.glassbottlemarks.com/root-glass-company-terre-haute-indiana/

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Its starting to look as if the N.P.C. & CO. mark was used exclusively on Ouachita Valley Bottling Works bottles only. I scrolled through the entire listing of Louisiana Hutchinson bottles and found several that were made by the Illinois Glass Company and were model No. 477 bottles, but only the O.V.B.W. bottles are embossed with N.P.C. & CO. The bottles on the link below are listed alphabetically and the other Louisiana town names that used the I.G.Co. 477 bottle are ...

Alexandria ~ Page 1
Bunkie ~ Page 2
Leesville ~ Page 5
Plaquemine ~ Page 13

I'm also including the link for the entire Hutchinson bottles listings by state, which I briefly studied but so far have not found another bottle marked with N.P.C. & Co. Even though my findings are not conclusive, I'm going to assume for the time being that the N.P.C. & CO. mark was in some way directly related to the Ouachita Valley Bottling Works. But whether its someone's initials or stands for something else, I still don't know, but I intend to focus my ongoing search on Monroe and especially on the O.V.B.W. and see what I can find if anything.

Louisiana Hutchinson Bottles List

http://www.hutchbook.com/Bottle%20Directory/Documents/USA-LA-Hutches.pdf

All States Hutchinson Bottles List

Http://www.hutchbook.com/Bottle%20Directory/HutchDocuments.aspx

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960