Morale up with today's digs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

subsoil

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to hit a city dump spot I knew about for some time, all this pulled from only ~3ft of dump layer, not bad for a few hours of scraping! I'm hoping to find a deeper spot but there is so much poison ivy i'd have to go in a hazard suit.
cDig.jpg

cDig2.jpg

cDig3.jpg

How about that, it has to be the WACKIEST jug/pottery I ever seen, no lettering but it has a cool scroll work on the round side, almost looks like a seat, almost tossed it away but it's kinda cool.

Enjoy!

Digger George

Reaction score
omg what the %@*^ is that! Is that the fossilized webbed foot of this animal? I heard they came from the sea long ago, along with all other life. A very rare find!
giantrabbit.jpg

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha !! hey George you didnt find a bag of wacky stix down in a pit from the 19th century did you? lol what ever Im laffin here.

KentOhio

Reaction score
Funny thing, I was just reading an old antiques magazine from 1951 today and they had a picture of a clay bottle similar to that. It is a hot water bottle, but not for a buttocks, haha. It's for feet.

subsoil

Reaction score
A very "h"are find indeed [8D]

I'd say it's turn of the century pottery, not what I was expecting though, I'd bet it had some kind of carrier it fit into or something. I hope the #@# it isn't someone's ash urn [:'(][:eek:][:mad:]

If it makes weird noises in the night: WTS haunted urn!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology