More ACL from the Garage sale find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flasherr

Reaction score
Barqs19 have you seen this bottle yet?

Ki19880.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19880.jpg
    Ki19880.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 121

flasherr

Reaction score
Unfortunately it is a plastic wrapped bottle not an acl. Boy does it taste great. I had one about 6 months ago. it hasn't made it to my area yet but I was working and found it about 60 miles away.
Brian

Yw67374.jpg

Attachments

• Yw67374.jpg
    Yw67374.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 118

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
Thanks for the info Robert! I really do appreciate your and everyone's else's help [:)]
I'll list the date's and town names sometime soon. Hope some of these are winners because I don't really care for the coke bottles. It might be a good place to make some money back.
Glen

flasherr

Reaction score
http://www.bottlebooks.com/designer%20sodas/designer%5Fsoda%5Fbottles.htm

Here is a great site from digger odell lots of great info on sodas. It might help you date some sodas you have lots of great patented drawings of bottles here.

flasherr

Reaction score
Something else to look at on acl bottles. Look at the base of the bottle look for a nipple or indention. If your bottle doesn't have either it could possibly be an early version that was hand screened. My understanding is that when the machines screen printed the bottles it would find the indention to line the bottle properly for the transfer of the image. Just a little bit of info I picked up not long ago. If im wrong I hope someone will let me know.
Brian

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
Thanks for that info Brian! I saw the Evervess sold on e-bay for $25. It was a 1955. Mine are both from 1947 and in near mint. Also the Canyon city with the cowboys sold for $40.03. about four months ago.

Just did a quick check of a few of my bottels all have the nipple mark but one the RC cola 1936 has no nippels.
Glen

BARQS19

Reaction score
Actually Debossed does mean sunk in and embossed sticks out. Embossed means to decorate with or as if with a raised design (www.dictionary.com). I have a lot of embossed barq's bottles reason being and I've seen a lot of collectors where the only they collect is embossed bottles, nothing else. The only bottle that is debossed that I can think of right off hand is the Dr. Pepper bottle. As for the Barq's Floatz bottle, I have been a Barq's fan all my life, truthfully, I hate it and so does everyone else I've talked too. They made it too sweet. The design of the bottle is nice, but I talked to the guy who designed it and he said if Coca Cola had been willing to spend an extra .5 on each bottle they could have made it an ACL, but as usual plastic wins because it was cheaper... .5 cheaper. I don't think it will last too long.
Robert

flasherr

Reaction score
Well, I can admit when I am wrong. According to the dictionary I am. Debossed doesn't seem to be a word either. Every collector or bottle seller I have talked to refers to the DR pepper bottle as pressed in embossed and the protruding out debossed. It is a shame they have gone to wrapping bottles instead of Acl. I do agree it is a little sweet but still nice everyonce in awhile.
Brian

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
I agree that embossed means raised above the surface and debossed refers to pressed into the surface. Like flaserr says, debossed doesn't seem to be a 'real' word. The attached pic shows a stoneware bottle with debossed lettering.

-Sam

Li21192.jpg

Attachments

• Li21192.jpg
    Li21192.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 123

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member