more from Dump Diginit

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VirginiaDigger

Reaction score
I collect milks would u be willing to trade or sell any you have?????? Thanks So Much & Happy Digging...

Lordbud

Reaction score
I dug a very similar in age/consistency creekside dump years ago.
A nice assortment of Palo Alto milks, a Millbrae pint, and a nice keeper quart from
Mountain View.
This dump was mostly '30s: old shoes, license plates, milks.
Strangely enough no sodas, or mason jars.

But at the bottom was a small selection of older bottles including a Paso Robles druggist.
Elsewhere along the creek I found a druggist bottle from Eipper's Davenport Iowa...
long way from home that one.

The rest of this dump was washed out a few years ago by the creek, no doubt many
bottles washed away and broke along the creek bed.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
The blown eggs were actually used to fool hens into producing more. As fresh eggs were removed from the nest, a glass egg would be placed in the eggs' absense. This encouraged the hen to keep on layin'.

I have dug dozens of them over the years, in many towns and in numerous states. They are found everywhere. After all, doesn't everyone eat eggs?[:)]

diginit

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'll probably put the masons on ebay. Eventually. Unless someone has some older stuff to trade. I just don't have the room. But they do look great in the kitchen. Send me an email through my profile.
This dump is just the opposite of Lordbuds. All liquors, creams and masons.
Lots of pulverized glass. I'll go back when I'm not so shreded. Think I'll keep the egg.
I'm amazed it survived under 6 feet of dirt, rock and steel. James

swizzle

Reaction score
Is your egg the size of a hens egg or bigger? I know bigger ones were used to darn socks. I've heard about the eggs being used to fool hens too. I thought it looked bigger though? Swiz

trussin

Reaction score
Hey the egg is blown, I own a clear one that has threads of amber, cobalt and yellow. I always thought it was a darner. Its about the size of a jumbo egg today. Not small like an old farm raised egg would be. Joe b

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1