most valuable ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

billsif

Reaction score
i was just wondering, since most older bottles seem to have more value due to rarity,
what post 1900 bottles are the most valuable? in general? specifically? i'd like to know what to look for at garage sales, flea markets, etc.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Bill, actually, due to the increasing scarcity of 'antique' bottles, a lot of post 1900 bottles have come into their own for a new breed of collectors, mostly Baby-Boomers! You can't go wrong with ACL Sodas & Milk bottles, also many people look for labeled bottles they remember fom their childhood, a lot of stuff from the 1950s fits the bill.

amblypygi

Reaction score
The most valuable post-1900 bottle I can think of off-hand is the pint white house vinegar apple jug, those go for around $300. Norm is right though, ACL sodas and milks are the thing to buy these days, I wish they survived river immersion better. Remember the 1970s when a pig bitters could be had for $50? Those ACL bottles are the pigs of tomorrow [:)]

Sean

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Actually, in hindsight, you might want to avoid the milk bottles unless you're getting a great deal. Here in New England at least, they seem to be a bit too pricey. Many shops are asking $5 -10 for plain 1/2 pints! I've had better luck with the 'junk' shops and yard sales when it comes to getting the sodas and milks at reasonable (read - I'm CHEAP), prices.[8D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter