Mountain Dew Books

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digdug

Reaction score
I will be having surgery soon and will be down for awhile. I started searching Amazon.com for books to order to occupy my time. I found 3 books on Mountain Dew by Dick Bridgforth. One is on the History of the drink, one has all the bottles listed with photos, and one shows a lot of advertising items. All photos are black and white. BUT-very informative. I got mine already, but I have only thumbed thru them. Want to save them for when I can't do anything.
Here is a link to them:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=Dick%20Bridgforth

I think they are worth the price. Thought you might want to know about the books. Good Soda books are hard to find!

morbious_fod

Reaction score
I own the bottles one and have read the history one. They are pretty good; however, I still question some of the history to a certain degree. One has to remember that Bridgeforth is the son of Bill Bridgeforth who was a key player in the Mountain Dew story and an employee at Tri-City Beverages at the time so he has a personal connection to one aspect of the story and I feel is a bit prone to being a little biased. Other than that he has done a lot of research into the birth of the Mountain Dew brand and the creation of the modern formula.

That's the problem with the legend of Mountain Dew, the original creators fought over who actually did what, and now their kids and grandkids are doing the same, until the day when we can invent a time machine and be able to personally chronicle what went on at Hartman Beverages, Tri-City Beverage, and the Tip Corporation, we will never truly know for sure what actually happened and when in the creation of one of the most popular drinks today.

Viva La Mountain Dew, Ya'll!

kbobam

Reaction score
All the five star ratings would seem to agree with you!
And reading what one reviewer said about the bottle book makes it sound like no figures or details are left out.
Best wishes for your procedure, and a short comfortable convalescence! Cheers, Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib