Mountain Dew Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Anthonicia

Reaction score
I, for one, am looking forward to reading what you write. I really like your website, the story about that hotel really caught my interest for a minute. You seem to capture the scene like only a great writer can. I am pretty sure that no matter what version of the story you side with, I will agree with you. Not to say I am a sucker for everything I read, or I don't want to be anyways.

None of the stories really make sense though do they? Maybe it was such a hectic time that whatever happened just had to happen? Funny things happen in the south, especially when no one is paying attention. The future of Mountain Dew probably wasn't even on the horizon for anyone. Most bottlers were concerned with putting food on the table for their families and a little orange lemonade drink was just a flavor they bottled. I hope that whatever conclusion you come to is one that will one day be the definitive story, and not just a ancestral bias.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
It's funny you mentioned the fact that they really didn't know what its history would be, because when you start reading all these stories they also vary from the drink selling real well to not selling very good at all, according to who's version you happen to be reading, prior to the reformulation.

You are correct about funny things happening in the south. We hillbillies are known for our impulsive decisions. LOL!

The great thing about my point of view on it is that I don't have a dog in this fight aside from my love for the brand, and a burning desire to know the truth or as much of it as we can glean from the little information we can, I have nothing to gain or loose. I'm not even from any of the main towns that are involved in the feud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter