moved out in the country and finding bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

onekindfavor

Reaction score
i recently moved in a house built in 1950 in randolph mississippi. Across the road is an old homesite from the 1800's till 1950 lots of bricks, old farm equipment . I have been looking around and found most of these bottles around tree roots with just a little glass sticking out of the ground. The house i live in had 3 brown bottles and about 15 blue ball fruit jars under the back porch.

I was wondering the best way to find the hidden treasures under the ground!

i tried to upload some pics but it came up no data?[:mad:] ------ thanks for any help with pics or digging

Willman669

Reaction score
hi,
i find the best way to find tips is after is rains walk around with a prodder and push it into the ground where ever there is a ditch, hill, glass or metal. See if you hit anything with a prodder and if you do its time to break out the shovel.

madman

Reaction score
yo keep prodding!! you will find the jackpot mike

onekindfavor

Reaction score
my internet is dial up because we live in the middle of nowhere and it is to slow to upload pics i will try soon at a friends house the description of some of the bottles are (chas. h. flecher and a bottle the same shape but larger, an umbrella shaped bottle, a perfume bottle, and lots of sodas.

under the house i live in built in 1950 was a brown bottle with fish scales on the outside and a fish on the other? a brown veronica mineral water bottle (tall), a brown flask shape with a "strange to me" top screw seal, the bottle has roses and vines with a blank spot maybe were a label went

my aunt told me the site was from about 1830

how do i find the privy/s?

and how far do i expect to dig or even that i am in the right spot?

---- all the bottle i found were on top of the grond no one has been around this spot for 55 years

bottleslayer

Reaction score
sounds like you should dig under were you found those bottles! good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4