MT DEW NAME BOTTLES question????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

perrycola

Reaction score
Mt Dew name bottles experts: I know of 3 Mt Dew name bottles from the Petersburg, WV bottling plant. My question is: what other Mt Dew name bottles are from West Virginia bottling plants? any help would be great!

morbious_fod

Reaction score
I have Dick Bridgeforths Mountain Dew bottle book at the house, I'll try to look through it sometime this weekend and see if there are any more from West Virginia. Do the Petersburg bottles have Petersburg wv on them? Because it isn't listened in Bridgeforth's book is it does.

grime5

Reaction score
is there any way to get a list of the names on mountain dew bottles? anyone email me a list? thanks greg

ncbred

Reaction score
The James Ayers Pepsi Bottle Guide #2 has a huge list in it. Not by town and state though.

perrycola

Reaction score
I've talked to a couple employees of the Mt Dew bottling plant in Petersburg, WV and they know for a fact that 3 Mt Dew name bottles were from Petersburg, WV. They are: Charlotte's Young Uns, Dick's Brats and Dick & Lottie.
NO ....Petersburg, W VA is not on the bottles. I believe that Mt Dew wasn't part of Pepsi Cola at that time????

morbious_fod

Reaction score
According to Bridgeforth's book you are correct that these three are from the plant you are talking about and it turns out that the Dick's Brats and Dick & Lottie are dated 1964, the year that Pepsi bought the brand, while the Charlotte's young uns is dated 1965.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
There's a Mountain Dew site on the web that has a list of most of the known bottles.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter