Muskegon River Clean-up finds.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

scottr

Reaction score
Info on a flint michigan ginger ale bottle with a air balloon

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Try posting that elsewhere, like in the General chat bottles section, with photographs, under a thread of your creation. Should get you your answers. Photos are essential, and so is putting your thread in the right place.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I had also found part of a more modern flask--just the top front-- and it had a symbol like that on Swiss Army company products. It was clear, screw-top. Know anything about it? Just a little symbol below the neck.

2find4me

Reaction score
History on the Grand Rapids Brewing Co. The company started in 1892 and closed in 1918 due to prohibition. A few other earlier variants from the company, HERE.Check Out this cool print of the factory.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Especial thanks, possibly oddly, for the building print! That was beautiful!

RCO

Reaction score
its always good to go out and find something , at first I hated finding broken bottles but after a while there fun to find as well . I would imagine there is other bottles in or along that river as well if you found those rather easily

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
The area was where it floods into. Everything washes up right there, or, if it goes too far out, the strong current sucks it away further. Hard to stand. Dim water. Muck blew-up everywhere. The sediments with gravel were where I found it. Also right by the town's bridge. But I don't know if they had a bridge there in 1900. This one is after the '60s. The Muskegon River is a very historic river, as well as one of our longest in Michigan. I hoped greatly for a bottle, and God let me find this one. I hate to find brokens, but it's better than nothing when you do. Next year I'll go further, look for another gravel bed, and pray to keep my footing and detect what's what down there. There must be more, as you said, and older bottles. Just depends where you go and if they've surfaced. I might not be the first bottle-hunter there. That little clear bottle was on shore and not full of gravel. It's why I thought it plastic--the shape and it was empty. I suppose it's entirely possible the last hunter missed this piece. I also found, and forgot to bring back, an older Old Milwaukee beer can that was well preserved. Opposite bank was ripped away, as clearly seen, by the river's power. I struggled in my kayak against the current. I hope to get to other areas of this river, closer to home, and find more. Easily finding is hard to say, when your specialty is water-based bottle-hunting.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Great stuff. And also thanx for helping to clean up a river. I love rivers. I whitewater kayak and also canoe as often as possible.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Thank you for the thank you. That made me smile. And I love the waters and kayaking, but mine would never hold up in whitewater trips. Great exercise. Lovely adventure.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26